Tanzania: Selous Block U4

Rafiki

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 19, 2023
Messages
947
Reaction score
2,254
Location
Florida and Minnesota
Media
11
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
Tanzania
I'm thinking of hunting buffalo and Warthog in Selous Block U4 this October. Does anyone anyone on the forum have any information and/or impressions specific to Block U4?
 
Best of luck!
 
Who is hunting U4? It should be a great block I’d expect. I know Raoul Ramoni has U3, but I’m not sure who has U4. You’ll find Turkish Airlines to be very good, especially if you’re in Biz Class.

I’ve only hunted MA1 in the Selous and it’s a wildlife paradise. If U4 is anything like MA1, and I expect it is, you’re going to have a great hunt.
 
Who is hunting U4? It should be a great block I’d expect. I know Raoul Ramoni has U3, but I’m not sure who has U4. You’ll find Turkish Airlines to be very good, especially if you’re in Biz Class.

I’ve only hunted MA1 in the Selous and it’s a wildlife paradise. If U4 is anything like MA1, and I expect it is, you’re going to have a great hunt.
Jamil Jamal hunts there

I’m guessing Arab operated.

Op how was booking? Who did you book with?

Best
 
 
Yes that was his hunt in Mbarang’andu In 2024

Organized by Malagarasi he says. I know charl of Infinito had that area. So maybe he sells quota or malagrasi took over the area?

Seems that U4 is Mkwawa and not sure of the relation between malagrasi and Mkwawa other than Jamil seems to guide for both outfits.

I’m sure @Rafiki is in the know being that he has hunted with one of the party’s.

All a bit confusing with the more local and smaller owned TZ Arab companies. So trying to figure it out haha.
 
Yes that was his hunt in Mbarang’andu In 2024

Organized by Malagarasi he says. I know charl of Infinito had that area. So maybe he sells quota or malagrasi took over the area?

Seems that U4 is Mkwawa and not sure of the relation between malagrasi and Mkwawa other than Jamil seems to guide for both outfits.

I’m sure @Rafiki is in the know being that he has hunted with one of the party’s.

All a bit confusing with the more local and smaller owned TZ Arab companies. So trying to figure it out haha.

Maybe I can clear some of the confusion, but then maybe not. I've hunted with Jamil twice now. This is all family run, relatives. Jamil is all buisness when it comes to his safari work and a heck of a great guy.

My arrangesments are basically, I call and say I'd like to come and hunt buffalo and I don't care where I go; give them my dates and that it, pretty loose. I didn't ask for U4 they just said let's go there. I really don't care where we go as long as there is buffalo. That is how I ended up in Mbarang’andu in 2024, man was that a hunt.

If you are into something more structured this kind of thing is not for you, but if you like feeling like one of the family instead of simply a client, well it's an exciting way to go.
 
Maybe I can clear some of the confusion, but then maybe not. I've hunted with Jamil twice now. This is all family run, relatives. Jamil is all buisness when it comes to his safari work and a heck of a great guy.

My arrangesments are basically, I call and say I'd like to come and hunt buffalo and I don't care where I go; give them my dates and that it, pretty loose. I didn't ask for U4 they just said let's go there. I really don't care where we go as long as there is buffalo. That is how I ended up in Mbarang’andu in 2024, man was that a hunt.

If you are into something more structured this kind of thing is not for you, but if you like feeling like one of the family instead of simply a client, well it's an exciting way to go.
Awesome!

So malagrasi and Mkwawa are related (family) companies,

Thank you and ya they seem to have some cool areas! Your hunt reports are always a treat.

Thanks
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,570,739
Members
169,003
Latest member
omarosca1985
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top