Swift Scirocco BC

Caveman

AH veteran
Joined
Nov 27, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
408
Media
19
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Does anyone have "Ballistic Performance of Rifle Bullets" by Litz and can give me the listed G1 or G7 for Swift Scirocco ii in 30 caliber (308) 180 grain? I believe it is listed in the book as Swift BT Spitzer 180 gn. Thanks.
 
.239g7 from the app
 
Google: (Sounds about right, as the 6.5 is .570) Their website said NOTHING.
Key characteristics of the Swift Scirocco II 180 Grain bullet:
  • High BC:
    A G1 BC of 0.520 helps the bullet maintain velocity and energy over longer distances.
 
Thanks,
The 0.52 G1 is what Swift publishes, but I think it is a little on the high side as I'm starting to see significant drop from 350 yards and beyond using that number. I know that Litz's numbers as well as Applied Ballistics are based on actual test data.
 
Thanks,
The 0.52 G1 is what Swift publishes, but I think it is a little on the high side as I'm starting to see significant drop from 350 yards and beyond using that number. I know that Litz's numbers as well as Applied Ballistics are based on actual test data.
'Funny you should say...i did extensive experimentation w/ 6.5s in the mid 2000s, and even though the book value of the 130 SC II was 570, i could NOT get it to print similarly to the (lower advertised BC 140 gr hunting bullets) at <500 yds. (it was dropping more, indicative of a lower actual BC and shedding V quicker, and with more wind deflection at distance. They probably should've went with 140-150 gr in .264!) Although I tested them in Africa on PG (ok performance,) I switched to heavier, better SD/terminal performace Nos PTs and Woodleigh PSPs. When the Bergers came out, then adjusted the jacket for hunting, it was a game-changer for longer range (non DG) shots! Then, they even upped that by offering even heavier-for-caliber, even higher BC bullets (0.680!) PHENOMENALLY accurate at very long range!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,254
Messages
1,570,749
Members
169,144
Latest member
TajOlds695
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top