Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
The federal government shut down last night, and the world didn't spin off its axis, a-la the movie "2012."

I think what the moral crusaders in the legislatures and bureaucracies most fear is for people to come to an understanding that government mostly serves the function of an appendix.

Is the world still spinning? I’m hunkered down and afraid to look outside.

Lots of NASA people around here. They are keeping enough to support the space station and other critical space objects going -- 4% of work force. TSA and Border Patrol working for free now. Republican spokesman says nobody lives paycheck to paycheck. Survey says 78% live paycheck to paycheck. You know how well security people are paid (NOT). Trump says he is prepared for a long shutdown. My question is what preparation did he make for those on the front lines? Military still gets paid. Are we going to martial law, now? It takes a while for the world to spin off its axis. Interesting times.
(First time I've seen you agree with the Democrats... they don't seem too worried.)

Last edited:
Lots of NASA people around here. They are keeping enough to support the space station and other critical space objects going -- 4% of work force. TSA and Border Patrol working for free now. Republican spokesman says nobody lives paycheck to paycheck. Survey says 78% live paycheck to paycheck. You know how well security people are paid (NOT). Trump says he is prepared for a long shutdown. My question is what preparation did he make for those on the front lines? Military still gets paid. Are we going to martial law, now? It takes a while for the world to spin off its axis. Interesting times.
(First time I've seen you agree with the Democrats... they don't seem too worried.)

Funny that fedgov can't find the money to pay NASA and Border Patrol/ICE and other programs which actually are essential, but they can find the money to continue running HHS programs. That isn't an accident. The government isn't actually shut down.

I think what the moral crusaders in the legislatures and bureaucracies most fear is for people to come to an understanding that government mostly serves the function of an appendix.

Don't you mean Colon?

Don't you mean Colon?

I think "appendix" is more accurate.
1. nobody is really sure what it does
2. it consumes resources
3. it'll kill you if it gets out of control.

YMMV ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alejandra4

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani