Straight-pull Mauser 98

Gotta be nerve wracking to pull the trigger on a M98 knowing you didn't pull the bolt down. Like to know what's holding it in battery.
@BeeMaa
Put your glasses back on mate.
Looks like it still has dual opposed locking lugs. If'n you look closely you will see that the bolt head sits out from the bolt body when it's open. I would say it has some sort of internal cam mechanism to rotate the bolt head would be my guess. But what would I know.
Bob
 
@BeeMaa
Put your glasses back on mate.
Looks like it still has dual opposed locking lugs. If'n you look closely you will see that the bolt head sits out from the bolt body when it's open. I would say it has some sort of internal cam mechanism to rotate the bolt head would be my guess. But what would I know.
Bob
Do as you wish my friend. I’ll sit over here and watch. Report back on your findings. ;)
 
Hard to call that a straight-pull 98. There are several features of a 98 bolt that are impossible to achieve with that setup.
It is a M98 receiver, but not a M98 bolt.
Just rely in German engineering.

HWL
 
@BeeMaa
Put your glasses back on mate.
Looks like it still has dual opposed locking lugs. If'n you look closely you will see that the bolt head sits out from the bolt body when it's open. I would say it has some sort of internal cam mechanism to rotate the bolt head would be my guess. But what would I know.
Bob
That's what it looks like to me as well. It certainly adds a degree of complexity where none is needed.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,323
Messages
1,572,901
Members
169,637
Latest member
HalOsulliv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top