Stepping Back In Time

John P.

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
RCBS 30-06 dies purchased in 1965, with the file type case trim die. And the RCBS A-2 Press. Trimming 30-06 cases the old fashioned way after sizing. And touching up with the L.E. Wilson tool for chamfering case mouths.

Sometimes the old way is fun. (I have two rotary trimmers on the shelf)

ZOaNb3t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a great press to use those file trim dies on. The angle allows the filings to fall away from the ram and not down into the press body/ram interface.

I like the A2, finally found one a few months ago in great shape. Been using the Rockchucker, but I wanted the height capacity of the A2 for the big bore cartridges.

And the A2 has more leverage. A tribute to Fred Huntington's skills way back in the 1940's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois