Speed goat is here

Green Chile

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 12, 2022
Messages
5,448
Reaction score
21,016
Location
DFW
Website
www.mattanjahuntingsafaris.com
Media
148
Hunting reports
Africa
7
USA/Canada
7
Mex/S.Amer
1
Member of
NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Argentina, Saskatchewan, Eastern Cape, Limpopo, Zimbabwe, 30 US states and counting
My pronghorn from last years hunt in NM is done. I think it turned out good.
IMG_4435.jpeg
 
IMG_4434.jpeg
 
IMG_4433.jpeg
 
IMG_4436.jpeg
 
IMG_2385.jpeg
 
Good looking goat! NM has some great speed goats!
 
Nice prairie goat! I still think they're one of the most difficult "PG" animals to judge for trophy purposes. At least in North America.
 
That’s true. This one scores lower because he’s not wide but he is long. He was very distinctive in the field and I had to focus on him.
 
Looks great!
 
Very unique and good looking speed goat!
 
I like him! Nice looking animal.
 
That’s a great antelope. Congratulations!
 
Nice ! Congrats
 
Wow!

Very nice pronghorn. I don't think I have ever seen one in the wild with horns that long.


IMO - scoring doesn't make much sense on these animals.


I like typical, mature, quality, specimens.


I have no desire to shoot a freak, unless I was a resident, and was almost guaranteed a tag every year.


1690518228582.png
 
Oh yes- congrats on an excellent animal. Classic form for good pronghorns!

BTW, every high scoring pronghorn I’ve looked at has that same conformation, including the world record.

Also, unless the B&C system has recently changed, the widths (tip to tip and inside spread) are not included in the final score calculation for pronghorns.
 
Last edited:
I will have to look at it again. I thought it specifically scored the width in both categories? This particular goat does not do well in that regard but I think his shape is really nice....almost makes a heart shape.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,437
Messages
1,576,194
Members
170,532
Latest member
Joellen17B
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top