AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Portland Chapter, Oregon
Guys I need to tell you of a great deal IMHO. Steyn Caracal is offering a hunt in Zimbabwe for elephant & hippo OR cape buffalo & hippo. All trophy fees and daily rates, (in Zim is seems to be about $1k per day alone) included!!!! This can be a 1x1 or a 2x1 where each hunter can have an animal. Also if all you have hunted is RSA the trophy fees are lower in Zim & this would be the time to add a sable....Ohhhhh still my heart!

If you are interested contact them a charlwatts@yahoo.com ASAP as there are only ten of these hunts being offered!

How much is it?

Here below is the email that Charles Watts (caracal@mweb.co.za) from Steyn Caracal Safaris sent me.

HERE IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR THE HUNTERS THAT DREAMED HUNTING THE WILD COUNTRY... OLD AFRICA... FOR THAT BUFFALO, ELEPHANT... EVEN THOUGHT OF THE ODD HIPPO... BEST OF ALL TWO HUNTERS CAN HUNT THE SAME PACKAGE... THEY CAN FLIP A COIN OR HELP EACH OTHER SHOOT AT THE SAME TIME...

DO NOT MISS OUT!!!! THERE IS JUST 10 PACKAGES...

THIS HUNT IS IN THE ZAMBESIE VALLY IN ZIMBAWE... FLY INTO HARARE... DRIVE OR CHARTER FLY TO THE HUNTING AREA... AND LET YOUR MIND GO... ONLY 10 PACKAGES AVAILABLE / KARIBA AND NYAKASANGA

1) 7 DAY HUNT 2 X 1 ................ $17500.00
1 X ELEPHANT
1 X HIPPO
BOTH HUNTERS CAN HUNT

2) 7 DAY HUNT 2 X 1 ................ $17000.00
1 X BUFFALO
1 X HIPPO
BOTH HUNTERS CAN HUNT

3) 5 DAY HUNT 1 X 1 ................ $12000.00
1 X ELEPHANT (no trophy bulls up 35 pounds)

5 DAY HUNT 1 X 1 ................ $12500.00
1 X BUFFALO ( ONLY DUGGA BOYS )

5 DAY HUNT 1 X 1 ................ $10000.00
1 X HIPPO

NOTES !!!!
EXTRA HUNTING DAYS @ $300.00 PER HUNTER PER DAY
INCLUDES ACCOMMODATION, HUNTING LICENSES, MEALS, DRINKS, PROF HUNTER, TRACERS & SKINNERS,
HUNTING VEHICLE,
ROAD TRANSPORT $350.00 PER VEHICLE FROM HARARE TO HUNTING AREA AND BACK
TROPHIES CAN BE EXPORTED
A 50% DEPOSIT WILL BE REQUIRED TO BOOK A HUNT AND TO BLOCK THE DATES
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE DONE WITH CASH OR TRAVELERS TQ’S.....A BANK TRANSFER CAN BE ARRANGED AHEAD OF SAFARI START.

KIND REGARDS
CHARL WATTS

Photos from Steyn Caracal Safaris sent with the email

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you hunt an elephant in 5 days? They must have a few tied up for you. I assume the limitation is that you can not shoot a bull over 35lbs?

2 X 1 ??
Never understood the 2X1 hunts for dangerous game...

When I was in Zim the end of October, we could have shot 25 under 35lbs. They were a real "inconvenience" since we were hunting buff.

I hunted in this very area the first part of November this year. In 7 days I shot an eland, a tuskless cow elephant, and 3 cape buffaloes. There are elephants and buffaloes all over this place. I see no issue with a 5 day hunt in getting your animal. I do however feel it is very foolish to travel that far for a 5 day hunt. The ride to camp, which I did, was 5 hrs each way.

This is a very nice Hippo, just a pity the Hippo was never hunted with Steyn Caracal Safaris. I see they now take photos from other companies to get their hunts sold. This is a shame. Charl Watts and SCS please email me if you need more photos to post and to market your hunts and next time ask me if you can post photos before you do so. This is false advertising.

Gotsoma Safaris, As requested I removed the Hippo picture in the above post.

Having looked at the listed Safari Operators registered with the safari operators association of Zimbabwe and the listed Ph's of Zimbabwe ( via ZPHGA ), I see that Steyn Caracal is not a registered safari operator in Zimbabwe, please state the following for transparency:

- Name of the company legally operating the hunts in Zimbabwe, the name on the TR2!
- Names of the PH/PH'S that will conduct the hunt
- Explain the non export elephant as there is no quota issued at present for management/ration bulls, this is still in the pipeline with the minister.

Thank you

Martin Pieters
Chairman ZPHGA
SOAZ

And the plot to the story thickens! Thanks Martin for your two cents! I agree with you 100 percent!

I originally booked my hunt with Steyn Caracal Safaris. It was switched to "Steyn Safaris" prior to firming up the dates. I was told Steyn Caracal didn't exist anymore.

Ben

I cannot understand why after literally hundreds of disaster hunts hunts in Zim sold by South African operators why people persist with booking with these fly by night guys- There are lots of good Zim operators that will give you a great hunt that is LEGAL. Check with SOAZ or ZPHGA before booking any hunt in Zim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg