AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Some interesting observations and set up in regards to the equipment used in SA at the long distance shooting ranges. Please feel free to join in regards to the muzzle velocity, type of bullets, barrels , rifle scopes depict in these results .. I really like to discuss trends and these components used here in relation to hunting long range distances on the African plains where you really are able to make long range shots on eland, blue wildebees, oryx blesbuck,

Now look at the reloading performance of the 8x68S and you will see as the standard velocities and capabilities it can run there in front with all these new modern high end shooting components depicted in this chart `s results

Attachments

• Results_20211016.pdf
    231.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
It would be great if a member can punch in the numbers in their reloading program and use a 90mm over all length of the 8x68S round to see what difference in muzzle velocity is between the 86mm and 90mm over all length of a 8x68S round..I am sure with a standard 8x68 and a high end scope you will be standing shoulder to shoulder with these expensive shooting set ups in this result sheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!