Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Sweden
Hi Folks
I have been back from SA for a week or two now, but as usual when you spend so much time away from home I have been up to my ass in alligators since I have been back. Besides the Safari is not over until the trophies are with the taxidermy (on the wall to be honest) which is now the case.

7 flights, 12000km + of tarmac (not hunting) 3 Safaris and 55 days later I can only conclude that it has been a very successful start to the season with some great trophies taken. I don't want to cover a Safari that has already been reported on, so check out Timt's post on Swaershoek as Timmy and his family were our first group for the season. He took some spectacular trophies to add to his ever growing collection. They also spent a week with us in Cape Town taking in some of the best food, wine and landscapes in the world. Nothing quite like the view from Table Mountain or the tip of Africa.

I wont get into much detail, but we used Africa Sky to do the import paperwork for the guns. I feel a separate post will cover that better.

Getting back to the hunting side, our second group of hunters were a husband and wife team, they brought along their two teenage daughters. Species taken included White and Common Springbuck, Cape Grysbuck, Blue Duiker, Steenbuck and Mountian Rhebuck. We also had time for some fishing and to give the horses a workout. As per the wife's request we even arranged a special valentines dinner ( also their wedding anniversary). The highlight for me was taking their 13 year old daughter to hunt her first animal ever. Molly did well and took a very nice Springbuck after a hard day of stalking. Always a pleasure and honour to guide a new hunter.

Our third group was a driven hunt group and we had 5 guns on each beat, except the last day, I could not help myself when a large Warthog Boar jumped up in front of me. A total of 214 animal were shot during the four and a half days of hunting, the majority being Springbuck ( 157) We also took Blesbuck, Black Wildebeest and Mountian Rhebuck. Warthog were a bit scares but we managed 13 for the day. Besides these there was also enough time to take some trophy animals. Black Wildebeest, Kudu, Impala,Blesbuck, Mountain Rhebuck and Springbuck.

Louise (my better half) did not lie idle by the pool as I had hoped, she obviously knew who has to settle the bill. She took Zebra (again), Springbuck and a very nice Oryx bull to add to our collection. She did jump a surprise on me for Valentines day and I got to hunt a very nice and old Black wildebeest bull, I have hunted several, just not one for the wall, it was worth the wait. I also took another Zebra,White Springbuck, Warthog and a few Springbuck that were either too Common or too White ( the colour breeding thing is still booming, lets just drop the subject there).

As everyone knows there is much more that goes into a great Safari than just the hunting, attention to detail will always show in the end. I am not going to throw names around, but the people who made this a success know who they are and I am forever grateful for your willingness to go beyond the norm. I could also not have done this without Louise, I cant even book my ticket, much less 14 others.

I honestly cannot name one special highlight, there were too many, but taking 3 youngsters out to hunt their first animals sure is up there along with meeting Ivan Carter and of course anytime a woman gives you a animal to hunt for Valentines day she does understand (or tolerate) you.

Most of all thanks to the clients that made it all possible, without you we could not do what we love.

DSC00183.JPG
P1060858.JPG
P1060921.JPG
P1060943.JPG
P1070526.JPG
P1070516.JPG
P1070261.JPG
P1070184.JPG
P1070216.JPG
P1070220.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a great time was had by everyone
great photography
thanks for showing us all

Always a pleasure travelling and hunting with you mate. Hope the rest of the season goes as well!

Got a wildboar problem up here that needs sorting out when you have time ;)

Thanks Mate! Would like to help you with that kind of problem!!!

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Thanks for posting the photos and the report.

Great report and fantastic pictures!

Thanks guy's, the photo's are the only thing that goes home with the hunter immediately so we try to get them perfect. Still think I am better with a rifle then a camera;)

hunthard.....very nice report, great pics. Enjoyed that very much. Since I'm staying at AfricaSky, and they are doing the SAPS for me, can you please comment on this service? You may with to respond via PM and that's fine. Thanks, and congrats!

Will put up a post on Africa Sky and their service ASAP for you!

Congrats, looks great.

Looks like you had it all on this hunt....camp, animals and hunting partner! Great pictures too!

Great pictures. Many of us - me included - don't get over to Africa until your winter has well set in, and as a result, hardly ever see the country as green and lush as this. Great to see.

Great report and thank you for sharing the pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronatit

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!