Rbi1923

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
United States
So...
This adventure started for me the same way it does for many others, as a little kid watching all those TV shows in black and white with my dad. I never thought it would become a reality. Life just kept getting in the way.

About 2 years ago I was working with a gentleman who had just been on his 4th trip. He showed me the pictures and more importantly explained that it was well within my price range.
Form there the planning started. A year later I pulled the trigger when Pieter offered the Pick Six hunt.
For me this was perfect, as the other packages I had looked at did not offer the versatility thiat Paw Prints had offered with this package.

Back tho the here and now....
I had flown over on the 20th, arrived the evening of the 21st. Although I had been a little uneasy about my choice of airlines (United), everything went very smooth.
I had enlisted the services of Rifle Permits prior to leaving, and can not say enough about the service. I was met as soon as I exited the plane, and after collecting the baggage, was done with everything in 20 minutes.

Shortly after emerging from the Police station at the airport, I met Prop. He was to be my PH for this trip, and I assure you I was in great hands the entire trip. He made the trip very fun with keeping me smiling if not laughing the entire time.

Day 1...
After making sure we had everything set, and making sure the rifle was set up as good as I could send it down range in the morning, we headed out for an afternoon hunt.
I feel very fortunate to have ran into this creature on the first day!
IMG_0233.JPG

I was a little worried that the gun I was toting was not enough, but Prop assured me it was more than OK, and 1 shot later he was down. It took a couple more to finish the job, but there was no running thanks to being told where to shoot, and the Barnes bullets i had brought along.
Just from this trip, I can tell you that those bullets, more than my shooting, are responsible for this great picture and those to follow.

Day 2...

This day saw a bad shot on my part on a very nice Impala. We did find and finish this beautiful animal the next day.
IMG_0486.JPG

Day 3...

On the same morning that we recovered the Impala, we ran into this Old Man.
Much better shot on a very Tough creature. He only ran about 30 yards before going down. Still took 2 more to finish the job. He did make an awesome spectacle throughout the process!
Sorry about the image, a little trouble with getting it right side up.
wildebeest.jpg

Day 4...

A very good morning produced this nice Blesbuck.

IMG_0500.JPG

Day 5...

While we had been looking for and encountered some, the hunt for Gemsbuck began in earnest today. 1 missed shot due to lets say excitement, and a day later, this guy was spotted and taken.
This one was high on my list, and I couldn't be happier to have him come home in around 6 to 8 months.
The one with horns will hang on the wall, the other guy is welcome at my house anytime he makes it to the states.

IMG_0534.JPG

Last day hunting....
Last 15 minutes of the day. First hog of the season for the hunters.
We hunted a huge crop field in the morning, and if the weather hadn't turned the night before, the prospects looked excellent.
But even with the weather not being the best, I was put on a great spot for some blind hunting, and could not be happier with the results.
IMG_0546.JPG

All in all, I had a great experience with the entire staff at Paw Prints.

I will be back to hunt with them again. It may take me a bit, but there is a spot on my wall that is calling for a Big Buff! I don't think after this one I could hunt with anyone Else.

Thanks Pieter, Prop, and Everyone at Paw Prints for taking such good care of me.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats sir! Looks like you had a great experience!

Congratulations.

Congrats!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Awesome Congratulations (y)

Man I am so happy for you. You got very nice animals and you had the time of your life. Prop is a good PH and he makes camp fun to be in. Let's talk about that buff one day when you have some time.

congrats on your hunt. it is true that Africa gets in your blood and you can't wait to go back isn't it?

By the way nice kudu!

Glad you had a great hunt and you took some nice animals. Hunting with Prop is a blast that is for sure.

Looks like a great Kudu. Did you get a measurement on him? Your Impala has good mass. What caliber rifle were you shooting? TTSX or TSX? What grain weight on the bullets? Congrats. Bruce

Nice Kudu thanks for the report

Congrats, that is truly an old bull Blue

Thank you Rich it was a privilege having you here.

Man I am so happy for you. You got very nice animals and you had the time of your life. Prop is a good PH and he makes camp fun to be in. Let's talk about that buff one day when you have some time.

Thanks for all your help Charlie!
We can talk about chasing Buffalo anytime.

Looks like a great Kudu. Did you get a measurement on him? Your Impala has good mass. What caliber rifle were you shooting? TTSX or TSX? What grain weight on the bullets? Congrats. Bruce

Thanks Gillette.
No sir, no measurements to this point.
I used a .300 Winchester short mag on everything I took.
Federal ammunition with 165 grain Barnes TSX.
The furthest anything ran was about 40 yards. With the exception of the Impala, which was my fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois