SOUTH AFRICA: Happy Hunter Returns From Pawprint Safaris In South Africa

Merv Rabig

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
My wife Kathy and I have just arrived home from 9 days in South Africa .
This included 7 Days hunting with Paw Prints Safaris. Kathy not being a hunter I didn't know how it would work out, but she was keen to come along and be part of it. Carlos (PH) picked us up at the airport in his Hilux (Bukkie) and we got to know him on the drive to the lodge.
We arrived at the lodge and were introduced to all the staff and then after a quick to freshen up we were out on our first hunt and orientation to the local topography of the Rustenburg area.
Game proved elusive on the first day, but after a magnificent meal prepared by the chef Claudius we sat around the open fire with a few drinks, discussing the next days hunt.
The next day was amazing, Kathy was happy seeing all the wildlife and I bagged 2 of the 5 trophies. Pieter - Pawprints Safaris organised everything from the hunting to the sightseeing and even took us to Pilanesburg , where we spent a couple of nights. Carlos braved an early morning to get us to a balloon flight.
Nothing was too difficult to organise.
I came home with 5 trophies sent to the taxidermists and amazing memories of great people and holiday we will never forget.
Everyone was so friendly and helpful, the trackers, skinners, chef, house keepers, professional hunters, farmers, butcher and of course the hosts.
Pieter and Rindi were amazing hosts and we have left feeling that we had a fantastic African experience and had made many new friends.

We would not hesitate to book with Pawprints Safaris again, they have everything you could want for an amazing African adventure and as the old saying goes "A happy wife, makes for a happy life."

IMG-20180501-WA0026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear sir! I saw the pictures of the ballon trip which must have been thrilling. Your trophies will make nice additions back home!

It was good to host you Merv.

Would love to see some pics of your trophies as well as stories of the stalks and hunts. Perhaps you would take time to share those with us.
Bruce

Congrats on a successful Safari.

Congratulations on a great hunt and thank you for the hunt report. And welcome to AH!

Congrats on your hunt and thanks for sharing!

Looks like you had a great trip at Paw Prints. Congrats on some nice animals

My wife Kathy and I have just arrived home from 9 days in South Africa .
This included 7 Days hunting with Paw Prints Safaris. Kathy not being a hunter I didn't know how it would work out, but she was keen to come along and be part of it. Carlos (PH) picked us up at the airport in his Hilux (Bukkie) and we got to know him on the drive to the lodge.
We arrived at the lodge and were introduced to all the staff and then after a quick to freshen up we were out on our first hunt and orientation to the local topography of the Rustenburg area.
Game proved elusive on the first day, but after a magnificent meal prepared by the chef Claudius we sat around the open fire with a few drinks, discussing the next days hunt.
The next day was amazing, Kathy was happy seeing all the wildlife and I bagged 2 of the 5 trophies. Pieter - Pawprints Safaris organised everything from the hunting to the sightseeing and even took us to Pilanesburg , where we spent a couple of nights. Carlos braved an early morning to get us to a balloon flight.
Nothing was too difficult to organise.
I came home with 5 trophies sent to the taxidermists and amazing memories of great people and holiday we will never forget.
Everyone was so friendly and helpful, the trackers, skinners, chef, house keepers, professional hunters, farmers, butcher and of course the hosts.
Pieter and Rindi were amazing hosts and we have left feeling that we had a fantastic African experience and had made many new friends.

We would not hesitate to book with Pawprints Safaris again, they have everything you could want for an amazing African adventure and as the old saying goes "A happy wife, makes for a happy life."

Congrats on a great hunt! My wife and I had a fantastic time as well. Who are you using for your taxidermy if you don't mind me asking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg