Source for primers

Pretty outrageous prices!
@CoElkHunter
Thank God I live in Australia where we can get reloading supplies at realistic prices.
Powder $60a,pound
Primers $60 /1000
So still reasonable and prices haven't really gone up.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
Thank God I live in Australia where we can get reloading supplies at realistic prices.
Powder $60a,pound
Primers $60 /1000
Bob
Supply and demand. We have a lot more shooters here stateside.

We also have a lot more morons who will continue to pay the outrageous prices! I think just to see how long and high they can keep the prices going? It’s entertainment for them.

@sestoppelman
You do have a bucket load more shooters than us BUT our primers are IMPORTED from the USA and we don't seem to have much of a problem with them.
We are getting to the stage some brands and calibers projectiles are getting harder to come by in the weight you want/need like 224, 6mm, 6.5 mm a nd 30 cal.
Our ammo prices have gone up fractionally but is still able to be bought at reasonable prices.
All our ammo is imported as well mainly from the USA.
You live where it is made and are experiencing a lot of problems getting it.
We live where it ain't made and are having very few problems.
Go figure.
Bob

Sent you a PM

@CoElkHunter
Powder $60a,pound
Primers $60 /1000
Bob
Still quite a bit more than what it used to be here about a year ago.
Looked it up, I paid $33/1000 (AUS $43) for primers and $18.25 per pound (8 lb jugs) AUS ($23.73) for powder on August 20, 2020.

I may be able to help on small rifle primers how many do you need

Thanks for the offers and PM's guys... This place is awesome... the membership here always amazes me with its kindness and generosity..

I managed to get things sorted out a few weeks after the OP was made last year.. A guy here in DFW had a huge surplus and was willing to sell 500 CCI SRP's at a reasonable price.. thats enough to get me by for a fairly long while (almost everything I load calls for LRP or LPP)...

thanks again for the offers to assist though.. you guys are great...

It looks like the shelves of most of the places I shop online and in person for reloading supplies are finally starting to be stocked again.. I can find bullets, brass, and powders that I normally use reasonably easily and at reasonable prices (although 8 lb powder cans are still a bit hard to come by)...

Everyone seems to still be completely out of primers though.. Grafs, Natchez, Midway, Brownells, Scheels, Cabelas, Academy, etc.. all remain out of stock of pretty much every brand and size of primer...

Does anyone have a source or know where to find Small Rifle Primers? I'm well stocked on large rifle, magnum rifle, large pistol, and small pistol... but am out of small rifle and cant seem to find any options anywhere..

Or if anyone has some small rifle primers they are willing to part with.. Im happy to buy them off of you.. any quantity.. a sleeve of 100 will get me by for a while (Im not trying to feed a high volume ammo eater like a 556... Im just trying to work up some potential loads for a 350 legend)... but Im happy to buy a box of 1000.. or several boxes of 1000... whatever is available..

Thanks!
Only place I know but at absurd prices is GB

@sestoppelman
You do have a bucket load more shooters than us BUT our primers are IMPORTED from the USA and we don't seem to have much of a problem with them.
We are getting to the stage some brands and calibers projectiles are getting harder to come by in the weight you want/need like 224, 6mm, 6.5 mm a nd 30 cal.
Our ammo prices have gone up fractionally but is still able to be bought at reasonable prices.
All our ammo is imported as well mainly from the USA.
You live where it is made and are experiencing a lot of problems getting it.
We live where it ain't made and are having very few problems.
Go figure.
Bob
I would guess the suppliers down there have contracts with the makers here to supply so much product regardless our own issues here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois