Sometimes all you can do is . . .

RR 314

AH legend
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
2,156
Reaction score
4,780
Media
26
Hunting reports
Africa
1
. . . laugh. It beats crying or getting frustrated.

I sent a scope back to Swarovski/Kahles as the illumination was getting weak. I wanted to have the rifle ready for a friend on a hog hunt last week so I ordered a replacement scope to use/likely later put on another rifle.

Delivery was delayed last week, and I got around to setting up the scope today.

Scope covers came cut. Seller offered to replace, but I told them I could likely stretch and epoxy the stretched side back in. Final “stretch” was catastrophic. :-).

Mounted the scope and everything went swimmingly well.

I was admiring everything and went to remove the bolt to clean/wipe everything down and there was a little hiccup. The bolt barely hangs up on the ocular housing.

I’m going to buy a lottery ticket . . . I think I am due. Then again, I may get in a wreck on the way to the store. I will stay put. :-).
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6205.jpeg
    IMG_6205.jpeg
    586 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6209.jpeg
    IMG_6209.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6208.jpeg
    IMG_6208.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 76
I had a muzzleloader hangfire on an elk. Missed completely. I grabbed the barrel and swung it into a tree, snapping the wrist of the stock. The pieces are probably still up there, rusting.
The more gray I get, the more calm I get. It is easier to laugh at myself than start throwing things. I used to throw things in my prime. :)
 
Try shimming the bottom rings between scope. Ordinarily I would suggest shimming under bases but apparently not possible with this setup. Plastic or nylon might be the ticket. Or a couple strips of Gorilla tape?
 
. . . laugh. It beats crying or getting frustrated.

I sent a scope back to Swarovski/Kahles as the illumination was getting weak. I wanted to have the rifle ready for a friend on a hog hunt last week so I ordered a replacement scope to use/likely later put on another rifle.

Delivery was delayed last week, and I got around to setting up the scope today.

Scope covers came cut. Seller offered to replace, but I told them I could likely stretch and epoxy the stretched side back in. Final “stretch” was catastrophic. :-).

Mounted the scope and everything went swimmingly well.

I was admiring everything and went to remove the bolt to clean/wipe everything down and there was a little hiccup. The bolt barely hangs up on the ocular housing.

I’m going to buy a lottery ticket . . . I think I am due. Then again, I may get in a wreck on the way to the store. I will stay put. :-).
@RR 314
That Murphy is a right bastard isn't he.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,385
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top