So huge is Africa

Foxi

AH legend
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
2,635
Reaction score
6,419
Location
Austria
Media
199
Articles
9
Hunting reports
Africa
7
Europe
1
remember this map,when you hear a guy " I know Africa....."
Foxi
Map of Africa.jpg
 
Yep! It's a big big place.
 
very impressive.i have the map framed in the downstairs landing and everytime i go downstairs to the basement it always impresses me with its size.
 
Just imagine this: Ewart Scott Grogan (1874-1967) was a British explorer, politician, and entrepreneur. He was the first person in recorded history to walk the length of Africa, following a path from Cape Town to Cairo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewart_Grogan
 
Always interesting to compare a continent to countries.
 
Great thread Foxi!

the-tru-size-of-africa.png
 
i probably havent walked that much in my life time,any idea how long it took?
 
not quite three years .
Only the image is dreadful.
Foxi
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,662
Members
169,807
Latest member
BoydGreenw
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top