20190303_212859.jpg
IMG-20190227-WA0011.jpg
20190310_233416.jpg
20190305_022802.jpg
20190303_220553.jpg
20190304_022650.jpg
20190309_223340.jpg
20190303_195637.jpg

Excellent photos! What's left on your list?

Excellent photos! What's left on your list?
African Wild Cat, Civit, white tailed mongoose, perhaps water mongoose?, Caracal, bush pig. Then perhaps Sharps Greysbok and maybe red duiker.

Calling in various critters can be fun, even exhilarating! From what I remember being the smallest game animal I have called in was a male ruffed grouse during turkey season. I was in a ground being calling turkey when the grouse shows up all strutting his stuff;)

The biggest was elephant. On my hunt elephant hunt in Zimbabwe the PH had various CD's to call hyena, I'm sure others, and elephant! It got real stupid real fast! Fortunately we were in the truck and he was doing it for fun and we sped off. It turned out to be a cow herd that was in a pretty bad mood about interlopers being around.

Duiker are a blast to call. They will almost run right into your lap! Did that in Mozambique.

Hyena is probably my favorite, it can be eerie in the pitch black when all of a sudden they are all around you;) Jackal are fun, especially because you can shoot all you can hit. Bossie @LIMPOPO BIG GAME SAFARIS
will keep calling so even though a shot went off and a compadre dropped, you may have another one stop. Kind of like coyotes but not as conditioned. You can get the various small cats (and big ones!) to respond to calls. We set up at a dirt crossroads way out in the boonies and were calling for jackal when Bossie whispered excitedly "caracal". I immediately got on it in the moonlight as it was walking towards us and just as it turned sideways and my trigger was half way back, Bossie yelled don't shoot! Leopard! That was in RSA and no leopard tags so whew, close call.

Biggest cat I've been in on calling is lion. That was exciting!

Of course elk but for me more exciting was red stag in Argentina with @ROCKET

I'm jealous, that's a nice honey badger, they make a mockery of me always so far. Next hunt I will have a date with one. Your got list is great, better is your still want list.(y)

That Bossie name is a constant on success? I take note.

MB

I'm jealous, that's a nice honey badger, they make a mockery of me always so far. Next hunt I will have a date with one. Your got list is great, better is your still want list.(y)

That Bossie name is a constant on success? I take note.

MB
That trail cam picture of the 5 honey badgers on bait in that tree became a joke. Bossie was all excited and couldn't help himself but to post that to his Facebook page. "Bob is going to get his Badger tonight!"

Well what better way to tempt fate or royally piss off the hunting hunting Gods;) i had told to to just keep quiet and remain humble until the badger was in the salt. Oh no, he had to post it. We never saw another single badger in that whole region! I think the first problem is they had cleaned up all the meat. Those things are smart. They knew the meat was gone. They probably found a dead eland or something big way back in the bush. We had to travel way up right on the Botswana border to get another badger after that. But that worked out;)

They really are a lot like hunting leopard except harder. They don't show up at dusk or dawn... no they like midnight to 3 AM....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Puckett's

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you