Skb model 500

Leg7464

New member
Joined
Jun 16, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi,
Did the Japanese made SKB 12 gauge 500, come in different configurations? Was there a field model, a skeet model, a sporting and a trap model within the 500 range? I ask because they came in a range of barrel lengths from 26 inch to 32 inch and different choke combinations from cylinder to full but the shotguns are not specifically marked field, Skeet etc. My gut feeling is the 500 was a basic model and you could simply choose the barrel length/choke combination you liked. A great idea!
Thanks,
 
I think I have seen different variations. I have a 3 barrel set in the 600 model. I have not seen any configuration in the 600 other than a hunting version.
 
You could get them in a few different configurations but they never marked them for specific use or sub model like SKEET, TRAP etc. Ive seen a few with longer barrels with vent ribs with nicer wood and finish and these were older ordered variants. Not sure if they allow custom orders any longer or if you just have to get lucky on what they decide to build in different years etc? Never have seen any sub model names on any of the guns themselves, nor the boxes but that doesnt mean they did not do it at some point. Ive seen at least a hundred or more come thru the auction houses over the years and in doing collection appraisals etc and have never seen a box marked either.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,681
Members
168,955
Latest member
BEOLemuel2
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top