Site Slowing Down?

I'm using hard-wired desktop and a fiber connection (95 mbs) and the website it has gotten much slower over the last couple of weeks.
 
You guys in Zim, Zambia, Tanganyika and elsewhere in Africa, need to call former African citizen (maybe still is) Elon Musk and have him "park" a couple of Starlink satellites over the Continent to provide reliable internet service. LOL
 
And here I thought it was just me!!! Yes, have to reload pages several time, sometimes close and go away and come back.
 
Right now, this site is trying to load my useless contributions and it just spins and spins. I had thought it was my wife on her work computer and our WiFi, but she's not on it now. Same when I'm working in the middle of the night and I'm on my phone with four bars and 5g? I'm technologically "challenged" but I think AH's server is compromised?
 
Not sure whats going on but my pages are loading at record speed now...might be my hat.
giphy.gif
 
Tonight has been the worst ever for me. Hopefully, whatever is the culprit of this slow down will soon be fixed. I find myself not logging on nearly as often.
 
I'll blame China.
 
Some actual numbers

This screenshot shows the file sizes and download times for the images on a typical picture rich thread on africahunting.com

Filesizes for the pictures are between 1 and 2 MB pr. image with loadtimes between 35 and 75 seconds.

For comparison, the filesize of the screenshot is 240 KB as jpeg and 125 KB as webp

africahunting_huge_images_loading_slowly.jpg



A suggestion

I suggest to enforce a maximum image filesize and provide the means to reduce image filesize upon uploading.

Africahunting.com appears to be running on xenForo , which appears to support both size limits and image resizing:


 
Last edited:
It isnt just slow pic loading, its slow to open the home page, slow to change pages, just slow to do anything here at the moment.
I havent seen any plausible explanation.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,455
Messages
1,576,654
Members
170,616
Latest member
AlonzoHodg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top