Show your Win Mod 70 Safari or Super Express

I just had a new stock with Sunny-Hill bottom metal built & fitted for a M70 safari classic .375 H&H. Still need to glass bed. This is a client rifle. Will post picture in a little while.

I just had a new stock with Sunny-Hill bottom metal built & fitted for a M70 safari classic .375 H&H. Still need to glass bed. This is a client rifle. Will post picture in a little while.
Just included picture of new M70 stock with Sunny-Hills bottom metal. Stock still needs to be bedded and of course checked for 100% reliable reliability. In my opinion this is how the M70 should be factory built. Opinion
20180528_082359.jpg

Client rifle, when completed in june. This rifle will be a m70 safari classic 375 H&H, custom stock to house sunny hills bottom metal for 5 rds. Sighting will be swarovski Z81 1-8 x24 4A-1F QR EAW mts. Similar CZ 550, same scope type, also choice of leupold DP pro reflex
Both rifles have proven them selves many times.
Ammo Fed Prem trophy bonded .300grn. Soft & Solids

Nice straight grain in the wrist area

+ one in .375 H&H Mag and one in .458 Win Mag - great rifles and great value for money

Humble submission to the club. Safari Express in .375 H&H. Talley QDs, and a Sightron Stac 2–10.

full

Hi guys, While we are on the subject of the Mod 70 Safari. I wanted to ask if any of you have fitted yours with a 4 round drop mag. ( Bottom Metal).
I know Sunny-hill make them but I was wonder who else make them as I recall seeing someone making them as well.
Just had a stock built with Sunnyhills Bottom metal. Need to bed it then finished. This is to be a client rifle. 375 H &H. Let you know how it feeds when finished.

Well, watching this thread has resulted in making me purchase one of these as well;)

thumbnail (16).jpg

Yes @PHOENIX PHIL , I may have been given a tip on where to buy at a good price by a member on here(y)

Mine is a .375 H&H Magnum
IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_4301.jpg

If you look at the fore end of the stock you will see a scratch. I put that on the rifle before I left the gun store. That is why I only buy simple rifles. :D

is there a difference between express safari and super express safari?

is there a difference between express safari and super express safari?

Winchester isn't currently offering the Super Express, or I would have bought one. If I have it right, it is a super grade version of the Safari Express. It has high polish bluing and better wood,like a Super Grade.

Here is a photo of a Super Express magazine floor plate I found on the web.

Model_70_375_Mag_Super_Express_v_1401705053.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg