Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
People are quick to post negative reviews when companies dont meet customer service expectations or they otherwise feel like theyve been given a raw deal by a retailer... I dont think we spend enough time recognizing companies that exceed our expectations.. so I thought I'd give a quick shout out to Camera Land Inc today..

Ive bought a few things from CL over the years... usually because they have something in stock that I cant find elsewhere.. or because theyre running a sale and have a good deal... I will admit however, they arent usually the first place I go looking when Im shopping for an optic/binos/etc though..

That might change now..

So.. last night I was shopping for a last minute Christmas idea for my much better half... and NO ONE has this particular item in stock.. (she occasionally reads AH.. so I wont reveal what I was looking for until after Christmas :) )... I ended up on the CL website and saw they had what I was looking for.. at an extremely good price.. So I immediately whipped out the credit card and placed an order..

This morning I get a call from Doug at CL.. I missed the call.. but he left a very polite voice mail, and then immediately followed it up with an email asking me to give him a buzz to "discuss the order"..

I called him back this afternoon.. It turns out CL doesnt have the item I was looking for in stock after all...

Doug was both apologetic and gracious... and immediately offered me a similar item (the same thing I wanted.. but an upgraded version, that normally carries a higher price tag)...

I was a little reluctant.. I dont really NEED the higher end version.. but.. it is Christmas.. and I would like to surprise my better half with something nice that I know she would really like.. So I agree to take the nicer item and ask Doug if I need to give him my credit card again, or if he can just use what I put on file the night before to pay the difference..

Doug says "No need. Merry Christmas. This is my gift to you for being an understanding customer"... We then go on to talk for the next 3-4 minutes about Christmas, his kids, and what we're looking forward to over the next few weeks...

In a world where no one seems to give a dirty rats butt about customers anymore... Camera Land (and Doug) are clearly an exceptional exception..

They now have a loyal customer that will be looking at them first rather than as an afterthought the next time I need a "sporting optic"...

I have heard many good things about Camerland, from various sources. Good prices, excellent customer service.

People are quick to post negative reviews when companies dont meet customer service expectations or they otherwise feel like theyve been given a raw deal by a retailer... I dont think we spend enough time recognizing companies that exceed our expectations.. so I thought I'd give a quick shout out to Camera Land Inc today..

Ive bought a few things from CL over the years... usually because they have something in stock that I cant find elsewhere.. or because theyre running a sale and have a good deal... I will admit however, they arent usually the first place I go looking when Im shopping for an optic/binos/etc though..

That might change now..

So.. last night I was shopping for a last minute Christmas idea for my much better half... and NO ONE has this particular item in stock.. (she occasionally reads AH.. so I wont reveal what I was looking for until after Christmas :) )... I ended up on the CL website and saw they had what I was looking for.. at an extremely good price.. So I immediately whipped out the credit card and placed an order..

This morning I get a call from Doug at CL.. I missed the call.. but he left a very polite voice mail, and then immediately followed it up with an email asking me to give him a buzz to "discuss the order"..

I called him back this afternoon.. It turns out CL doesnt have the item I was looking for in stock after all...

Doug was both apologetic and gracious... and immediately offered me a similar item (the same thing I wanted.. but an upgraded version, that normally carries a higher price tag)...

I was a little reluctant.. I dont really NEED the higher end version.. but.. it is Christmas.. and I would like to surprise my better half with something nice that I know she would really like.. So I agree to take the nicer item and ask Doug if I need to give him my credit card again, or if he can just use what I put on file the night before to pay the difference..

Doug says "No need. Merry Christmas. This is my gift to you for being an understanding customer"... We then go on to talk for the next 3-4 minutes about Christmas, his kids, and what we're looking forward to over the next few weeks...

In a world where no one seems to give a dirty rats butt about customers anymore... Camera Land (and Doug) are clearly an exceptional exception..

They now have a loyal customer that will be looking at them first rather than as an afterthought the next time I need a "sporting optic"...

Thank you for sharing. I am in sales and have been for almost 40 years. I am the easiest “sell” in the world because I know what it is like to be hammered on by contractors, customers, engineers, manufacturers, etc. If you give me good service, I typically buy it at whatever price. So when I hear of good companies with good customer service, I will more than likely patronize. I have used more than half a dozen recommended places that I found here on AH from Hendershots to ASC, and even our own AH Von Gruff Knives. I will be looking at CL for some of my needs. Thanks again @mdwest!

Yeah, I hit one of their "show demo specials" after SCI for a Swaro 10x42 EL. Great price and you could not tell that it had ever been handled as a demo.

Had a similar experience with them on a range finder....upgraded me on a better unit, same brand ...same price as lesser unit that was on order, not in stock....that’s customer service..I had purchased a couple of scopes previously and they had my info on file..

I too have bought a few items from them. They do go the extra mile.

I think it's great to hear about their customer service and I hope many readers on here will keep them in mind for future purchases. And a shout out to you too for being an appreciative customer, for recognizing exceptional service when you encounter it, and for being a gentleman and helping to promote a business that has earned it! I hope you have a great Christmas, and that your "much better half" enjoys what you've got for her. I have a feeling that you'll share the story of your experience with Doug and that will add to the gift as well as your day!

If Camera Land has what I want I buy it from them, even if it costs more. Doug and Neil are the best.

Now that we’ve exchanged presents I can reveal...

It was a nice swaro optic to go on top of her new kimber adirondak rifle... ...

I was looking at one with the basic plex reticle ... they upgraded me to one with the BRX reticle once they realized the plex was out of stock...

The BRX is really nice ...now that I’ve looked through it I find it to be a good feature that’s unobtrusive and easy to use... I like it..

Definitely will be shopping with Camera Land again soon

Doug and the group at Cameraland are great folks to deal with!

Camera Land NY and Doug are the the BEST. Based on my recent transactions with them (in stark contrast with the recent frustration I experienced with Brownells and the absolutely Terrible experience with what has become Optics Planet).

I will only buy my optics from Cameraland NY from now on. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE from Doug at Camera Land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross