Shooting the Martini Henry Sportster .450/.577 and Mauser 1871 single shot black powder rifle

Currently I have a
WESTLEY RICHARDS MARTINI ACTION 577-450 MARTINI HENRY

Description:

30" BARREL WITH FILE CUT RIB AND 6 LEAF AND LADDER EXPRESS SIGHTS SINGLE TRIGGER EJECTOR PISTOL GRIP

This new Martini Henry is in excellent condition, I really do think shooting it accurately will not be an issue at all. Thus the re-loading issues will be dealt with swiftly since I now knows more about re-loading for accuracy in regards to the .577/450 Martini Henry rifle ..

HWL, something very interesting there are available three Swiss rifles , the Swiss K31 7.5 Swiss Schmidt Rubin rifles in the Gun shop...what knowledge do you have about this type of rifle ..it really are in beautiful condition...any member on the forum knows more about this rifle?? These Swiss rifles in the gun shop is for sale and really I have never seen vintage rifles in this brilliant condition for sure,,

View attachment 380275
Those are in the best condition o' any Surplus Swiss Rifles I've ever seen! My 1st Center Fire Rifle was a Sporterized 1889 Schmidt Rubin that had been converted to .30-30WCF by Global Importers in the 1960's... I picked it up at a Gun Show for $95... It was in rough shape(Mechanically sound, but it had been butchered by its previous owners)... I have very fond memories o' that Rifle... I still have it... The Swiss Straight Pull Rifles are made like a fine Swiss Watch...

As you lads probably already know... I'm a super fan o' the Martini Action... I'll be Custom building Martini DG Rifles, eventually, if all goes as planned... Ironically enough, like the K-31's that were posted, Martini was also Swiss... The Swiss have always made wonderful stuff!

Sorry to be a bit off topic,but it seems here are some experts who can maybe direct me to a link so I can find out a bit more about a RSA friend's 577/450 'sporting' Henry Martini rifle?
I can see the name 'Hughes' on the side with a full length rib on top of the barrel and about 9 sights for different distances ;
Any info or a place to look for info will be appreciated.
Regards

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be a bit off topic,but it seems here are some experts who can maybe direct me to a link so I can find out a bit more about a RSA friend's 577/450 'sporting' Henry Martini rifle?
I can see the name 'Hughes' on the side with a full length rib on top of the barrel and about 9 sights for different distances ;
Any info or a place to look for info will be appreciated.
Regards

View attachment 383080View attachment 383086View attachment 383087View attachment 383088View attachment 383089View attachment 383090View attachment 383091
Beautiful customized Martini Henry rifle for sure..

I already have too many rifles.

This is what your wife tells you.....
:E Frightened:
But she is wrong....
:S I Rule:
Be a man....

Buy another gunsafe....

Support your local gun dealer!
:E Sun:

HWL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois