Shooting Sticks

Heym 88

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
584
Reaction score
237
Media
23
Member of
DSC
Hunted
US
ok..here is a dumb question..I know..I know...are most of the shooting sticks used on safari rubber tipped? I know a rifle used for hunting will get dings and scratches..I can accept that. But seems to me getting two dents on each side of gun is unnecessary if theres no padding between forearm and sticks. Any experiences with this..or am I the only idiot that thinks like this. Planning first safari.
 
My hand goes between my rifle and any set of sticks, tree, etc.
 
Agreed Brickburn it should be worked as one unit by doing this you have way more stability and control over rifle and sticks they become one..

My best always,
 
no

All that i have used were made from thin bamboo or trees.

one had some leather wrapped around the top for your rifle protection.

Another had some tire tubing rubber.

Another was bare.

Another was a fancy rubber tipped one.

Some are bi pods and some are tri pods

sometimes you shot off rocks, trees or bushes and your backpack.

If you do not like what is available to use take your own with you.
 
Got it....shooting off back packs and ruck sacks is way common for me. Just wasnt sure about sticks. Thanks guys.
 
Lol when the adrenaline is pumping you won't give a damn!

Or you can just pad with your sling. We used Bog Pods on our trip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,882
Members
170,440
Latest member
Noemi7449
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top