Shipping quote

chiefdale

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
126
Reaction score
104
Media
27
Hunting reports
Africa
1
just recieved quote to air ship the following from johannesburg to atlanta. 2 kudu 2 gemsbok 1 sable all shoulder mounts two zebra rugs ( 2 impala,two wildabeast,one eland,one blesbuck,one red hartebeest all european mounts) eland rug and two wildabeast rugs total shipping 2009 dollars does that seem fair thanks
 
What is the estimated Volumetric weight? That will allow a proper comparison.
 
That seems fair. I had 11 shoulder mounts, 1 zebra rug and 2 European mounts shipped from Port Elizabeth to my door in Nebraska for $2600. This includes the broker fees in RSA and USA.
 
I just paid $1200 for a Kudu shoulder, 2 impala shoulders, warthog euro, zebra rug, couple pillows, some backskins, and a large (4'x5'x3") wood carving. JOburg to O'Hare/Chicago.

your crate being quite a bit larger sounds about right.
 
That sounds like a fair number for a pickup truck size box with that amount of contents. I've had four shipments, all fit in the back of a full size pickup bed and they ran from 1800 to 2400, sans broker fees, Joburg/Atlanta/Philadelphia, PA.
 
seems to be not to bad but I would never just get one quote. Get 1 or 2 more and then you will see if your good or not.
 
thanks for response was calculated at 303 kg 150length x110width x110 height cm (the taxidermist also owns shipping company)
 
thanks for response was calculated at 303 kg 150length x110width x110 height cm (the taxidermist also owns shipping company)

You got a fair price.
 
thanks for response was calculated at 303 kg 150length x110width x110 height cm (the taxidermist also owns shipping company)

With out a doubt I would get other quotes if he owns the place. You will know if it is a fair prices after getting another quote or 2. Never hurts to get extra quotes. Unless freight went up some since my last crate your crate at 5'x 4' maybe on the high side knowing that info. May not be a lot of saving out there to get but seems about 200.00 high going by my last crate. I could be wrong but it will take you one email to get another quotes
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,438
Messages
1,576,280
Members
170,538
Latest member
DanialStur
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top