Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Costs change on a daily basis. Destinations and airlines change the whole game as well.
Take this for what it is worth.

This amount relates to the following trophy list.
Pongola to JNB Crating and cartage. There are five crates in the shipment.
For those in the US, you are no longer allowed to combine hunters shipments from my understanding. We still can. This was a combined shipment for 7 hunters, covering three countries, 8 Outfitters and 3 years.
118 trophies in all.

Final shipping JNB to YYC Airfreight.
I will do my own clearing for the shipment. It takes me, at the outside, two hours time, including driving to pick the trophies up. (Just proximity) I know the CFIA vets name and they have always been great.
I have already reviewed the export docs and invoices and everything is in order, as far as my rookie eyes are concerned.

Further costs we can expect:
  1. Fee per crate (I assume) for CFIA inspection It was $25.00 last go round.;
  2. a fee for the airline warehouse unloading the shipment from the plane Count on $60.00;
  3. GST (Tax on taxidermy, invoices accompanying shipment minus our personal exemption of $800 for each 7 day trip outside the country. I'll get a $1600.00 exemption on this shipment. )

trophy list 1.jpg
trophy list 2.jpg
trophy list 3.jpg

Crates
Volumetric Weights KG
  1. 389
  2. 355
  3. 238
  4. 118
  5. 292
Actual Mass KG
  1. 242
  2. 206
  3. 137
  4. 89
  5. 209

Total's for the entire shipment.
1392 KG Volume
883 KG Mass

USD Estimate
  1. 2893.00
  2. 2545.00
  3. 1841.00
  4. 1010.00
  5. 2212.00

Final bill after Insurance removed
$9126.26 USD

Wow.

I don't even like sharing a camp if it can be helped.

Thats some pile to juggle.

Wow.

I don't even like sharing a camp if it can be helped.

Thats some pile to juggle.

It has been interesting. I have shared camps with these friends for a lot of years.
Putting them together was just to save some money for folks who only had a few trophies.

Wow, yeah that's quite a list! I know you guys are excited to get these back! I hope to see a thread soon of some happy guys during crate unpacking!

Just picked up a crate at YYC this morning. One being disinfected. Cost of shipping both was around $2,000 US, so not far off what you paid.

All things considered, not a lot of actual shoulder mounts (42 give or take of 118 animals) in the pile. I assume more mounts would have equaled more volume, more crate, weight etc and thus slightly higher shipping.
Glad to see they are headed home- look forward to seeing the pics of the finished product.

After having been there and done that, I cut back and was not shoulder mounting everything I took or there would be more.

Only 42 shoulder mounts. That's funny.
Bigger and more mounts means more volume and certainly more cost.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your "giraffe wrap" once you get it up.(y)

Looking forward to seeing photos of your "giraffe wrap" once you get it up.(y)
One of these days I'll get the energy up to get it done.

Who the @$@$ skull mounts a sable??? Just kidding, glad all your trophies are on the way, that's an impressive amount of trophies.

One helluva list of trophies Brickburn! It's certainly gonna make for one very happy taxidermist. Look forward to seeing photos.

Who the @$@$ skull mounts a sable??? Just kidding, glad all your trophies are on the way, that's an impressive amount of trophies.

If you want to know who to blame - Craig
http://www.bullseyetaxidermy.co.za/GalleryC2.htm

We visited Bullseye Taxidermy during my PH course. I saw this in his office and that was it. Simple elegant and shows the trophy off really well. I have great pictures of the fur in the computer. :)

C2L.jpg

One helluva list of trophies Brickburn! It's certainly gonna make for one very happy taxidermist. Look forward to seeing photos.

In the end I am not sure just how happy the taxidermist was. Johannes remounted several after I noted the capes were not acceptable at all. We'll see the result when they are in some Canadian sunshine.

@BRICKBURN , that is a super looking mount, my next two sable are going that way. Was just poking you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,