Semi custom rifle makers

Mdwise75

AH member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
16
Media
3
Been looking at MNR and Parkwest. What other builders am I missing? Looking to keep it at 18k and under. TIA
 
What is your project and where are you located? Matt Roberts is awesome and may be able to get you taken care of in your price point. Stock work has gotten incredibly expensive over the last 5 plus years.

If by chance you want a .375 H&H. Matt Roberts has a beautiful Satterlee British styled rifle for 13-14K from memory. I love that gun and have thought about it off and on.
 
Last edited:
What is your project and where are you located? Matt Roberts is awesome and may be able to get you taken care of in your price point. Stock work has gotten incredibly expensive over the last 5 plus years.

If by chance you want a .375 H&H. Matt Roberts has a beautiful Satterlee British styled rifle for 13-14K from memory. I love that gun and have thought about it off and on.
I've actually looked at that one too. I was thinking about a 416rem, but would probably get more use from a 375h&h.
 
I've actually looked at that one too. I was thinking about a 416rem, but would probably get more use from a 375h&h.
You get a lot more for your money in the secondary market and Stuart Satterlee builds an awesome Mauser action and rifle. I can’t remember how thick the recoil pad is on that rifle, but remember length of pull was slightly over 14. If that gun is close to fitting you, some tweaks can be made. I’m not worried about resale value on a lot of my guns, but many here will tell you (accurately) resale will be much cleaner with a 375 H&H, than a 416 Remington.

If you want a rifle built to your specifications, I suggest finding somebody that you are either in close proximity to or are willing to travel to to make final decisions and be fitted.
 
Matt Roberts build nice rifles, is a gentleman and uses great components. Here is a pair of integral barrels (500J & 375Hh) designed for him to mate to a GMA “slim” action and GMA express.

IMG_3768.jpg



IMG_3765.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,571,072
Members
169,099
Latest member
DarnellBob
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top