Scope mounting CZ550

Joseph 61

New member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Hello,

I am trying to mount a Meopta Meostar scope with “Meopta rail” on my CZ550. I purchased mounts specifically for this “rail system” but they are way too low. I was wondering if anyone has experience mounting a similar scope on their CZ550? I have a picture for reference.

IMG_3607.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, another guy had said that with 1x scope you will always see the barrel so I was not used to that. Apparently it does have enough height. I haven’t had much experience with a scope at 1x power so I figured it was low.
 
Can you manipulate the bolt with the scope on? Seeing the barrel in a 1x scope isn't really a concern for me, it's just there.
 
Yea that’s true. It’s a little tight to move the bolt comfortably, I’m thinking of getting an extended bolt handle if they sell them.
 
If anybody has any specific experience with the rails that are available for CZ550, I am very interested in hearing from you. My plan is to mount a Vortex PST 6-24x50 on this rifle and I could sure use some experienced opinions on what rings and/or rings/rail combo is going to work best with this scope.
 
If anybody has any specific experience with the rails that are available for CZ550, I am very interested in hearing from you. My plan is to mount a Vortex PST 6-24x50 on this rifle and I could sure use some experienced opinions on what rings and/or rings/rail combo is going to work best with this scope.
I don’t have much to offer in terms of experience but I ordered the mounts for my Meopta scope on Optics Trade and they had a decent selection of rails and rings for CZ550. I remember seeing a picatinny rail for it. Optics trade is in Czech Republic I think so shipping can take some time to the states. It would be nice to have all that real estate on top for mounting options. I would just hope it doesn’t interfere with access to the chamber.
 
I used rings Warner 1BLM, but repeat, rings no rail, there were for 1" and size medium, there are another with size higher
 
You can probably get different height spacers for the rail mounts. However, if the scope does not interfere with the bolt, I would not worry about seeing the front sight or barrel. if you have the scope properly focused the barrel/sight will be a bit blurry and soon you will just ignore it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,090
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top