Scope base for double rifles

skydiver386

AH legend
Joined
Oct 18, 2023
Messages
2,772
Reaction score
11,223
Media
37
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Europe
1
Member of
SCI, NAHC
Hunted
South Africa, Ohio, Florida, Wyoming, Arizona
One thing that puts me off buying a double rifle vs a bolt gun is the sights. My eyes simply aren't what they used to be and I'm much more confident with even the lowest magnification scope than any open sights or red dot.

So my question is, are there decent scope base and ring systems for double rifles? The Merkel 140 in 500NE might be a doable option with a Swaro Z8i+ .75-6x20 I have on hand.

The Merkel K5 mounting system is especially elegant and looks to be very strong, but obviously this is different from what I see on the Merkel 140. Is there a QR one piece ring and base system that uses simple levers, or are they all the twist lock variety?
 
I really like mine: ERA on pivot mounts

Which means I can swap between scope, red dot and irons without loss of zero

1000091255.jpg

1000075720.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,246
Members
169,513
Latest member
ElidaBible
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top