Scope Advice Not Finding What I Need

It was mentioned once in this thread ... the 2.5 Leupold. It fits well within your budget. It has good, clear glass. It is compact in size. It has about 4.9" of eye relief- not a small consideration for heavy recoiling rifles! And don't let the ultra light label fool ya- it is a tough, no nonsense scope. And after thinking about it...makes sense.... less mass means less inertia which means less stress on itself and the mounts during heavy recoil. I have used one on a heavy recoiling rifle over several years and many, many rounds- no issues.

1.75/6 VX3 Leupold - if you can find one. Not enough people smart enough to buy them so Leupold discontinued it.

Maybe a 1/5 VX5 ?

Everybody's love child the 2.5/8VX3 has bugger all field of view - IMO.

Last edited:
i mounted a 1.7x6x veri-x 111 on my ruger #3 in 45-70,( i will also mount it on my ruger #1) i bought a rifle with that scope on it and sold the rifle as i could not find the 1.75-6 veri x 111 new. 1.75x is a easy shoot with both eyes open and 6x will take the 45-70 as far as i need to shoot, 250 max. i run a 300 jfp gr bullet a 1900-2000 fps. a super killer at thoses ranges.

DSCN0652 (3).JPG
DSCN0331 (2).JPG
DSCN0332 (2).JPG
DSCN0415 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!