Savage 99

After reading my response it looks a little rude to me and it wasn’t meant to be. I’d like a Savage 99 in 250-3000, in .308 and .243 I’d just as soon have a bolt action. And I’ll take a .308 over a .300 Savage strictly because of off the shelf ammo availability.

There are a few cartridges that have cachet or the “it” quality to me, but in a particular action. In addition to a 250-3000 Savage 99 I jones for a .300 H&H Magnum, .404 Jeffery and .275 Rigby in a CRF bolt action rifle. 6.5x55 isn’t mentioned b/c I already have one. I’d also like a Grulla or AyA SxS 16 gauge.
@Dwight Beagle
I like your choices, would love an old 300H&H as made by them on a M17 Enfield action.
Bob

It would make a lovely plains game rifle , provided that the ranges be kept reasonable . The .300 Savage should be a suitable contender for most plains game , barring those big eland bulls . May I ask what kind of groups you were getting at 100 yards ?
Without looking at my notes, I want to say 3” or so.
Going tomorrow to give my .250-3000 a maiden voyage.

I’d say see what you can do at 100 yards and see if you can move up to 180gr bullets preferably Barnes. You should do well and what a neat gun.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Declan4098

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you