Savage 99

After reading my response it looks a little rude to me and it wasn’t meant to be. I’d like a Savage 99 in 250-3000, in .308 and .243 I’d just as soon have a bolt action. And I’ll take a .308 over a .300 Savage strictly because of off the shelf ammo availability.

There are a few cartridges that have cachet or the “it” quality to me, but in a particular action. In addition to a 250-3000 Savage 99 I jones for a .300 H&H Magnum, .404 Jeffery and .275 Rigby in a CRF bolt action rifle. 6.5x55 isn’t mentioned b/c I already have one. I’d also like a Grulla or AyA SxS 16 gauge.
@Dwight Beagle
I like your choices, would love an old 300H&H as made by them on a M17 Enfield action.
Bob
 
It would make a lovely plains game rifle , provided that the ranges be kept reasonable . The .300 Savage should be a suitable contender for most plains game , barring those big eland bulls . May I ask what kind of groups you were getting at 100 yards ?
Without looking at my notes, I want to say 3” or so.
Going tomorrow to give my .250-3000 a maiden voyage.
 
I’d say see what you can do at 100 yards and see if you can move up to 180gr bullets preferably Barnes. You should do well and what a neat gun.
Philip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,745
Members
169,612
Latest member
CooperChee
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top