SAPS 520 FORM

kdiver58

AH senior member
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
61
Reaction score
131
Media
6
I noticed the new SAPS 520 is 10 pages instead of 8 now. Anything I need to look for? I have my old 520 forms from the last 2 years to go from.
 
Dear Sir

The one you have is just a different format, still 8 pages, you can download the 8 page one from our website at www.riflepermits.com.

Regards
Henry
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is a SAPS 520 form needed if you fly THROUGH South Africa - transit - on to another country like Zim? Basically have a 3 hour layover in joberg and not getting bags, Qatar AL from Doha presumably transfers bags/firearms to next flight. Feedback welcome!
 
Is a SAPS 520 form needed if you fly THROUGH South Africa - transit - on to another country like Zim? Basically have a 3 hour layover in joberg and not getting bags, Qatar AL from Doha presumably transfers bags/firearms to next flight. Feedback welcome!

I’m not sure that you can check a firearm through from the US to Zim. I could be wrong. I always lay over.
 
Yes it is needed. Page 2 of SAPS 520 at the top of the page you have to check the type of permit. In this case it would be (In-transit). When I went through with 3 hour layover in October they did not have my guns brought out to check them. But they reviewed my SAPS 520. Upon return they checked guns and permits. I used Riflepermits.com to manage this process.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,246
Members
169,309
Latest member
ghoralpatri1989
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top