SAPS 520 Ammunition "Type" Question

shootist~

AH legend
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4,724
Location
Albuquerque, NM
Media
23
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
Curious what is correct for Ammunition "Type" on the SAPS Form 520.

Just the caliber or "Softs" (or "Solids" as the case may be)?

Thanks.
 
I checked mine and I put the cartridge, e.g. 28 Nosler, 6.5x47 Lapua, 17 Fireball, etc.

DETAILS OF AMMUNITION

28 Nosler 70
6.5 x 47 40
 
Curious what is correct for Ammunition "Type" on the SAPS Form 520.

Just the caliber or "Softs" (or "Solids" as the case may be)?

Thanks.
I never put softs or solids. It asks for caliber and number of rounds
 
Done deal. Under Caliber, I listed 9.3x62. Had that one figured out, btw. :)
Also in following section under "Type", I also listed 9.3x62 (and number of rounds).
 
I do put whatever the head stamp says such as Hornady, Rigby etc. think if they looked at your bullets what would they want to see…head stamp for manufacturer, caliber, and number of rounds. So for my Rigby 275 I say 275 Rigby, Rigby, 40 rounds. Never had any problems. Only when you have different metrics can you get in trouble. Look at my above example… in the US the 275 Rigby is known as the 7x57. If you take a rifle that says it is a 275 Rigby and then your bullet head stamps say 7x57 this will cause you problems
 
Curious what is correct for Ammunition "Type" on the SAPS Form 520.

Just the caliber or "Softs" (or "Solids" as the case may be)?

Thanks.
It is a confusing document for sure! Just put the caliber.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,570,777
Members
169,015
Latest member
ficstamite1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top