Sako stock

I had the issue with old Spyderco knives.

Rubber just decays with age, there is no solution that I know.

I use a McMillan fiberglass stock on my Sako.
 
Looks like Sako synthetic stock will be replaced under warranty
But
I’m gonna get the synthetic replaced with the usual walnut stock
 
Last edited:
It’s great when a company stands behind their products!!! Glad it worked out!
 
Last edited:
It’s great when a company stands behind their products!!! Glad it worked out!

Thanks
Gunsmith told me that the problem only seems to occur in the tropics

I have a Tikka 270 with a synthetic stock which is hard but no issues
 
I had the issue with old Spyderco knives.

Rubber just decays with age, there is no solution that I know.

I use a McMillan fiberglass stock on my Sako.

It’s not decay and only 6-7 years old

I think it’s to do with the heat

Very very sticky substance all over the stock
 
Well we don’t live in the tropics but East Texas is very humid too!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
 
I have a hammer that the handle got very sticky. It’s very annoying.
I could not get anything to cut the sticky off. I thought for sure starting fluid would do it, but no.
 
It’s not decay and only 6-7 years old

I think it’s to do with the heat

Very very sticky substance all over the stock

Heat accelerates rubber decay
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,824
Members
170,393
Latest member
MartiMcRey
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top