Safari - The Last Great Adventure - Capstick

Beaufort

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
This book is being offered once again since I didn't receive payment from the prior buyer.

Peter Capstick's earliest books have firmly established him as the modern-day master of African adventure writing. Now, for all his readers who want to put their taste for adventure into practice, Capstick has written the first modern authoritative, comprehensive guide to African safari. Drawing on his years of experience as a professional hunter, Capstick explains everything a bwana needs to know: how to select and book a safari; where and when to go; fees and licenses; the guns, ammo, and personal equipment needed. Chapters on each of the Big Five (lion, Cape buffalo, elephant, leopard, and rhino-- the trophies most hunters want to take) describe the techniques, thrills, and dangers of hunting these clever and cunning animals. The other memorable delights of safari, like camp life, bird shooting, fishing, photography, and game viewing in wildlife parks, are also celebrated. A list of safari agencies, hunting companies and professional hunters, suggested equipment for a 21-day safari, and a trophy price list round out the most exhaustive guide to safari ever written.

This book is in good condition. $15 includes shipping in the US. I'll accept a personal check, money order or Zelle.

IMG_3021.jpeg

I'll take this one for $15
Will PM you

Sorry - just saw this. I ended up getting a couple of books for for some reason not this one. I haven't heard back from him.

To be sure I don't throw him under the bus, my PM comms haven't always been clear or timely with some of my travel.
If he gets back to you and you buy this one, I'd love to take it off your hands after you read it.
I have a couple others i'm going through that i bought from him. If you're interested, drop me a line and I can send your way after i'm done with them this fall if you cover shipping.

Sorry - just saw this. I ended up getting a couple of books for for some reason not this one. I haven't heard back from him.

To be sure I don't throw him under the bus, my PM comms haven't always been clear or timely with some of my travel.
If he gets back to you and you buy this one, I'd love to take it off your hands after you read it.
I have a couple others i'm going through that i bought from him. If you're interested, drop me a line and I can send your way after i'm done with them this fall if you cover shipping.
Thanks, I'll see if he still has it. On the other side of that I have several of Capstick's books so this one will remain in my library...... IF .......

This book is being offered once again since I didn't receive payment from the prior buyer.

Peter Capstick's earliest books have firmly established him as the modern-day master of African adventure writing. Now, for all his readers who want to put their taste for adventure into practice, Capstick has written the first modern authoritative, comprehensive guide to African safari. Drawing on his years of experience as a professional hunter, Capstick explains everything a bwana needs to know: how to select and book a safari; where and when to go; fees and licenses; the guns, ammo, and personal equipment needed. Chapters on each of the Big Five (lion, Cape buffalo, elephant, leopard, and rhino-- the trophies most hunters want to take) describe the techniques, thrills, and dangers of hunting these clever and cunning animals. The other memorable delights of safari, like camp life, bird shooting, fishing, photography, and game viewing in wildlife parks, are also celebrated. A list of safari agencies, hunting companies and professional hunters, suggested equipment for a 21-day safari, and a trophy price list round out the most exhaustive guide to safari ever written.

This book is in good condition. $15 includes shipping in the US. I'll accept a personal check, money order or Zelle.

View attachment 550971
Is this still available???

Gerald

I believe Datchew has already claimed this one. It appears one of his messages didn’t come through. Since he asked first - and has an excellent track record of sending his payment promptly - I need to honor his request. If he changes his mind I’ll be sure to let you know.

Matt, I missed seeing your message! If you want to send me the $15 using the same payment method you’ve used on your other book purchases, I’ll get it out to you this week! Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks much. Sent.

Gerald - i'll ping you this fall to see if you're still interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfredoYua

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.