Safari Season 2024 Has Started - Where We Going?

I’m all booked for late August with NKWE Safaris In Botswana for Kudu, Eland, Red Hartebeest, Zebra & whatever else presents itself. It’s my first trip to Africa, going solo & I’m looking forward to an exciting adventure. I hope everyone has a great season.

Zim with D and Y for tuskless and buffalo in September. A little tiger fishing if time allows. July in Argentina for ducks and whatever.

Going back to SA in July after 20 years. Maybe I’ll feel like a first-timer again! Looking into airfare is driving me nuts. Both Delta and United are a lot higher than I expected.
Try Google flights.
Delta and United always are the most expensive because of non stop flights.
There are other airlines much better and less expensive.

A cross-continent adventure with a military friend for six weeks... with plans to start in Johannesburg and end with seeing the location of the Star Wars movie filming in Tunisia... with Zim, Angola, Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, DRC, etc to be crossed. I probably won't grab a rifle (unless somebody has a once-in-a-lifetime deal on a management buffalo) this trip, but the adventure will be real...

Early fall Europe

I have some updated details. I will be flying British Airways to Slovenia and then motoring to Croatia to hunt, red deer, fallow and maybe mouflon. Then motoring back to Slovenia to Bled to hunt Alpine Chamois and then returning home.

I think you need to finish the spiral slam
You, @375Fox and @LivingTheDream are definitely enablers!

I ended up with Cameroon in February 2025 for LDE and roan; June 2025 for rhino dart; April 2026 for polar bear (I bought a replica mount a few years ago at auction for “only” $4k) and April 2027 for mountain nyala in Ethiopia to finish my spiral slam.

I ended up with Cameroon in February 2025 for LDE and roan; June 2025 for rhino dart; April 2026 for polar bear (I bought a replica mount a few years ago at auction for “only” $4k) and April 2027 for mountain nyala in Ethiopia to finish my spiral slam.

Those are some awesome adventures!!! Can't wait to read the reports!!! Might have to pick your brain some on Ethiopia!

My dad @Shootist43, my 13 year old son Trip and I are off the the Eastern Cape with Frontier Safaris in early July. Three generations of Lambart men on safari and my first DG hunt, 59 days till wheels up and I can't wait.

I don’t see anything on that list for early August. Looks like you have plenty of time for a roe deer hunt too! To be fair, your Zambia report definitely has me thinking about another Zambia hunt in future.

I don’t see anything on that list for early August. Looks like you have plenty of time for a roe deer hunt too! To be fair, your Zambia report definitely has me thinking about another Zambia hunt in future.
I just talked to Fico a few days ago from Kansonso. He’s there scouting and getting ready for the season. Seeing lots of game he said! One of my friends is going with him in September.

Hunt plans for 2024...black bear in Saskatchewan this month...followed by turkey in Michigan in early June...cape buff and PG with Boddington in SA in June...late Aug archery pronghorn in Montana...late Oct croc, buff and PG in SA...early Dec whitetail with Boddington on his KS farm.

I

I started with the Grand Slam Club Ovis Capra World Slam, which is 12 capra species from around the world. Finished that plus a few extra, last year, with a combination of chamy, Inex and tahr.

As part of that, I hunted 5 different chamois species, in Spain, France, N Macedonia, Slovenia and New Zealand. SCI has an Inner Circle award for chamois, and it takes 6 species for the Diamond Level (a slam so to speak), so I’m going to get my 6th by hunting the Carpathian Chamois in Romania, which are the largest of the chamy.

I never actually submit for the awards, but i do find the awards categories a useful tool to plan hunts. I would never have gone to Slovenia accept chasing chamy, and it’s become one of our favorite places.

Chamy are fun to hunt, and they live in the most spectacular places on Earth. The ibex, tahr and mountain goat all live in incredible mountain habitat. It is significantly less expensive to hunt the capra’s than it is to hunt sheep, and for the most part they live in the same places/environments. So when i want to mountain hunt, I hunt the capra species and since I “save” so much compared to sheep hunting, I get to go more often. And that my friend is how to make ‘girl math’ work!
Love this post. This is the same line of thought I've been on lately...add in some buff and ele...and some buff and banteng in Oz and that covers a lot of my interests. Capra and DG are my favorites...and turkeys...and Tiny 10!

Please post about that hunt. I'm hunting in the Savannah in March, but have been thinking about the Bongo/Sitatunga hunt plus forest duikers sometime soon.
I will post a report upon my return from Cameroon. I would imagine that internet will be spotty at best. Happy hunting 2024, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

I'm excited to read the reports. What's in there for 2024?

currently sitting in camp with Bayly Sipple at their north camp. Buff and an add on kudu. Rut going for kudu. Everyone have a great and safe trip.
You should grab that red duiker offer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavingcotswold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg