Safari Club International Convention Returns to Reno in 2019

About a four hour drive for me to Reno. My wife wants to go back and just mentioning this made her happy and she is ready to go.

reno for us!!!

I agree. I'm glad it's going back to Reno.

Better hope there is no snow during Convention in Reno. Some years back the airport was shut down and NO ONE was able to get in. Made for a very boring weekend. Reno has a bit more of that small town atmosphere.

Never been to Reno myself. That sounds fun

We have been to the Vegas show Twice, This year and when George Bush was President, Never missed a show in Reno, We can't wait to go back.( HATE VEGAS) My wife, two of my daughters, myself and our 10 year old granddaughter love the show in Reno, ( My Granddaughter now has been on 3 Safaris. 2016 was her first year as a shooter Silver, Impala, Gold, Springbok 48 inch Kudu and 39 inch sable. The town is geared around Safari club when it is there, Runs nicer and smoother than LAS VEGAS
(Almost equal travel time to either one for us)

Last edited:
The Safari Club International Convention will be returning to Reno, Nevada, for a three-year commitment to that destination beginning in January of 2019. According to SCI officials, efforts by the City of Reno, the Reno-Tahoe International Airport and the major resorts there to improve air service access was a key element in the organization's decision to return to Reno.

"It's great to be returning to Reno and the surrounding destination," said Rick Parsons, CEO of Safari Club International. "The friendliness of the people in this community and their outreach has always been wonderful and the entire city welcomes hunters. Our SCI Board of Directors and other stakeholders whole-heartedly embraced the move to Northern Nevada beginning in 2019."

"According to data supplied by the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority, flights are improving in Northern Nevada and the number of available seats is increasing," Parsons said. "In our cooperative partnership with the resorts, the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority and the Reno Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority (RSCVA), we also have guarantees that the community will have a minimum of 9,500 air seats available for us on our Sunday departure day in January 2019. This number of airline seats is nearly double what was available to us in 2013."

Safari Club International's last convention held in Reno in 2013 brought in $21.6 million in economic impact from lodging, dining and other activities to the community.

"We're very excited that Safari Club International has taken the time to reconsider coming back to Reno," said Bob Lucey, RSCVA board chairman." (The Safari Club Convention) is a major economic driver in our community, so this is a huge opportunity for us to gain that business back."

Next year, the Safari Club International Convention will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, January 31-February 3, 2018, and the MGM Grand will be the host hotel.

SCI's 50th anniversary will find them returning to Las Vegas in 2022.

Future convention dates and locations:
2018 - January 31 - February 3, 2018 at the Las Vegas Convention Center
2019 - January 9-12, 2019 at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center
2020 - January 15-18, 2020 at the Reno Sparks Convention Center
2021 - January 27-30, 2021 at the Reno Sparks Convention Center
2022 - January 19-22, 2022 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

if you like it so much why dont you stay in reno,vegas is garbage.

The Safari Club International Convention will be returning to Reno, Nevada, for a three-year commitment to that destination beginning in January of 2019. According to SCI officials, efforts by the City of Reno, the Reno-Tahoe International Airport and the major resorts there to improve air service access was a key element in the organization's decision to return to Reno.

"It's great to be returning to Reno and the surrounding destination," said Rick Parsons, CEO of Safari Club International. "The friendliness of the people in this community and their outreach has always been wonderful and the entire city welcomes hunters. Our SCI Board of Directors and other stakeholders whole-heartedly embraced the move to Northern Nevada beginning in 2019."

"According to data supplied by the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority, flights are improving in Northern Nevada and the number of available seats is increasing," Parsons said. "In our cooperative partnership with the resorts, the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority and the Reno Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority (RSCVA), we also have guarantees that the community will have a minimum of 9,500 air seats available for us on our Sunday departure day in January 2019. This number of airline seats is nearly double what was available to us in 2013."

Safari Club International's last convention held in Reno in 2013 brought in $21.6 million in economic impact from lodging, dining and other activities to the community.

"We're very excited that Safari Club International has taken the time to reconsider coming back to Reno," said Bob Lucey, RSCVA board chairman." (The Safari Club Convention) is a major economic driver in our community, so this is a huge opportunity for us to gain that business back."

Next year, the Safari Club International Convention will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, January 31-February 3, 2018, and the MGM Grand will be the host hotel.

SCI's 50th anniversary will find them returning to Las Vegas in 2022.

Future convention dates and locations:
2018 - January 31 - February 3, 2018 at the Las Vegas Convention Center
2019 - January 9-12, 2019 at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center
2020 - January 15-18, 2020 at the Reno Sparks Convention Center
2021 - January 27-30, 2021 at the Reno Sparks Convention Center
2022 - January 19-22, 2022 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)
I like Reno/Lake Tahoe - but I'll pass and go to DSC. Very difficult location to fly into and out of. Hope they will reconsider down the line...

dt

I like Reno/Lake Tahoe - but I'll pass and go to DSC. Very difficult location to fly into and out of. Hope they will reconsider down the line...

dt
They have added many flights from last time it was held there. For me there is DFW nonstop which was never the case before. I think unless there are weather problems Reno will be easy to get to.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg