Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
courtnets for me and my wife,oh hum.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Doc your spot on!
Courtney's
Courtney's mohair socks
Ballistol oil
All you need on your feet for any African safari
James,my friend,come to my village and I'll take you across to Swakopmund to a little place called 'Leather Creations'.There,you can choose yourself a pair of genuine kudu-skin 'vellies' and you'll not want for anything else ever again..!

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
Well, my first test of Courteney were Selous sourced through the Australian distributor. I then asked for a set of Patrol in dark brown
The Selous came from his stock and are well made and heavy but were a firm fit.
I ordered the Patrol as I originally wanted the higher boot and ankle support. They’re are a loose fit both sized at 9.5 English.
I use an inner sole in both for arch support something the Courteney lack.
I do think they are well built and a tough leather boot, I hope they go the distance as when I do a African Safari in 7 weeks I’m travelling light so going in the boots I’m wearing when I travel for 10 days .
The Patrol seem to be a softer thinner leather , surprised me. Selous are the flagship model but I’d have thought they would be the softer leather for the everyday wear and the Patrol would be a thicker tougher leather.
Both work and both have a tractor sole. I would not buy that sole for everyday wear. They collect to many rocks etc and Courteney offer 2 other options.
I hope these will last a long time with regular use walking and hunting in the Australian bush. They should!
My recommendation is to try them before you buy them. See if your distributor will accept returns if they are mail order.
not happy are Cape Buffalo with Kudu trim so I’m not sure why one is stiffer. Presumably the leathers are sourced the same and readily available to them.
Either way I’m looking forward to wearing a set to Africa for a cull hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevinAdkin

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.