Russell or Courteney - Safari Boots...

Discussion in 'Hunting Equipment, Gear & Optics' started by James.Grage, Jul 10, 2011.

1. edward

edward AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    safari club,nra,d.s.c.
    Hunted:
    south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
    courtnets for me and my wife,oh hum.

2. Tokoloshe Safaris

Tokoloshe Safaris SPONSOR Since 2017 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Life Member Safari International
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
    Doc your spot on!
    Courtney's
    Courtney's mohair socks
    Ballistol oil
    All you need on your feet for any African safari

3. CBH Australia

CBH Australia AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
    Hunted:
    Australia
    Well, my first test of Courteney were Selous sourced through the Australian distributor. I then asked for a set of Patrol in dark brown
    The Selous came from his stock and are well made and heavy but were a firm fit.
    I ordered the Patrol as I originally wanted the higher boot and ankle support. They’re are a loose fit both sized at 9.5 English.
    I use an inner sole in both for arch support something the Courteney lack.
    I do think they are well built and a tough leather boot, I hope they go the distance as when I do a African Safari in 7 weeks I’m travelling light so going in the boots I’m wearing when I travel for 10 days .
    The Patrol seem to be a softer thinner leather , surprised me. Selous are the flagship model but I’d have thought they would be the softer leather for the everyday wear and the Patrol would be a thicker tougher leather.
    Both work and both have a tractor sole. I would not buy that sole for everyday wear. They collect to many rocks etc and Courteney offer 2 other options.
    I hope these will last a long time with regular use walking and hunting in the Australian bush. They should!
    My recommendation is to try them before you buy them. See if your distributor will accept returns if they are mail order.
    not happy are Cape Buffalo with Kudu trim so I’m not sure why one is stiffer. Presumably the leathers are sourced the same and readily available to them.
    Either way I’m looking forward to wearing a set to Africa for a cull hunt.