Ruger no1

Bert Reynolds

AH veteran
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
132
Reaction score
139
I’m looking for a no1 in 450/400 to have sent to RJ Renner to get the stock reshaped. Are the boddington specials worth chasing to get the upgraded wood and express sights?
 
wow, reshape the stock.
that will make it even lighter.
great to carry, but then your brain gets scrambled when you fire it.
bruce.
 
wow, reshape the stock.
that will make it even lighter.
great to carry, but then your brain gets scrambled when you fire it.
bruce.
Mercury recoil reducer, some lead and a pachmayr decelerators. It will be fine.
 
I like mine. I have the stock weighted and a decelerator.

It is a pussycat and I like the balance now - much better than stock.

What sort of stock re-shaping did you have in mind?

No idea where you are, but there is a nice 450/400 No 1 at Green Top Sporting Goods in Glen Allen, VA - at least it was there when I was at the store two weeks ago.

Has the Boddington matte finish and really nice wood, but it is not 1 of 250 Boddingtons...must have been a left over matte barreled action. Might have some collector value as an odd duck?
 
I like mine. I have the stock weighted and a decelerator.

It is a pussycat and I like the balance now - much better than stock.

What sort of stock re-shaping did you have in mind?

No idea where you are, but there is a nice 450/400 No 1 at Green Top Sporting Goods in Glen Allen, VA - at least it was there when I was at the store two weeks ago.

Has the Boddington matte finish and really nice wood, but it is not 1 of 250 Boddingtons...must have been a left over matte barreled action. Might have some collector value as an odd duck?

I’d be very interested. I’m in Australia but will be buying the rifle in the US and having the work done before importing.
 

Attachments

  • CC9D5B80-1E19-4381-9E66-1970D9C31171.png
    CC9D5B80-1E19-4381-9E66-1970D9C31171.png
    3 MB · Views: 308
  • D1CA6ED6-7D06-4E4C-82DD-33FE2809BC0E.png
    D1CA6ED6-7D06-4E4C-82DD-33FE2809BC0E.png
    2 MB · Views: 330

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,727
Members
169,608
Latest member
BenOld6089
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top