Ruger No. 1 Tropical 450/400 N.E. W/Leupold 1.5-4x20mm Scope

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Ruger no1 chambered in 450/400 3" nitro express. This rifle is in excellent condition and has a Leupold vx- freedom 1.5-4x20 optic with duplex reticle. The original box is included with the manual. Near mint. Hardly shot, like new. Bought for upcoming safari, but going a different route since all I am hunting for is plains game this trip. Excellent buffalo rifle! Comes with 60 rounds of Factory Hornady DGS 400gr Solids. 50+ once fired Hornady brass, 50 count Factory Hornady DGS 400gr bullets AND Hornady lightly used die set with shell holder. Priced for quick sale to fund another rifle. $2,750 firm. FREE SHIPPING to lower 48 only.

20220510_213158.jpg
20220510_212937.jpg
20220510_212851.jpg
20220510_213104.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you happen to know what weight or contour barrel is on this rifle? Most were C weight barrels, but a few were D weight.

Good deal on this rifle package, with ammo components and dies.

These are hard to find these days, and with this deal, no probelms.

That is a nice rifle with nice wood

I have the same gun, with the "D" weight barrel and want nothing less.
Mine weighs 9.5 pound/ w/o scope and sling about 10 .5 pounds with.

These rifles handle very well for the chambering. I have a Leupold 4x on mine.

Just aim and shoot.

Good luck with your sale.

Thank you. Yes sir. Recoil not an issue due to the extra weight. Love it and hate to sell but have my eye on a great deal on a double.

The #1s are my favorite rifles. This one is a beautiful example of what Ruger once built.

On the Lipseys site they list a model 11385
At the top of the page the description says it has a 24" "D" barrel , at the bottom of the page it says it is a 24" barrel ?

They also list a model 11324 , that has a 24" " C " barrel

On the Lipseys site they list a model 11385
At the top of the page the description says it has a 24" "D" barrel , at the bottom of the page it says it is a 24" barrel ?

They also list a model 11324 , that has a 24" " C " barrel
This is a heavy D. Rifle weighs over 9.5lbs.

Not familiar on how lipseys catalogs their firearms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross