Ruger no.1 range report

I don't think I want to say this because some of you will think I was nuts. The Ruger #1 I put pictures on and the 100 200 group pictures for. I found out that the groups I was getting off a bench rest were even better but when I took the rifle off the bench rest I couldn't get my eye even close to a full view scope. I ordered the ruger off set rings that only work on the Ruger #1. I got them on and still couldn't get one. I took off the butt plate and it was perfect. I asked a couple people here about cutting off the stock and they said it wasn't a good idea. With about two weeks till my trip to SA I set up my miter saw and took off the width of the butt plate so I have a Ruger #1 that is perfect for me and probably anyone of my size. So I agree with the statement that you just can't slide them back far enough. I will never sell my 300 WM so I think it was a great idea.

Tom

Nothing crazy about making your rifle right for you!

Tarbe Like your comment "Nothing crazy about making your rifle right for you!" Have 3 #1's and the wood is very plain. Putting a nice english walnut stock set on my 45/70. The 7x57 international will get a set of turkish walnut. and the 416 Rigby has a nice set of carlo walnut destine for it. I bought all three stock sets of 90% intletted from treebone carving in New Mexico. I am building my better half a oak side board hutch so My restocking jobs are on the back burner. But as long and you keep momma happy life is good. Since she is taking me back for a cape buff hunt next year. The side board comes first;)

I agree if the stock doesn't fit cut it off. A proper fitting means the gun will be enjoyable to shot and hunt with.

Thanks for all the input. Still not sure what what to do for a scope on the 300 H&H. Had to give the project a rest during hunt season. Took a nice MT mule deer with my 7x57 Boddington w/ Leupold 1.5-5 2 weeks ago. One round at 215 yds. 175gr Partition. That combo just plain kills stuff.

image.jpg

It's called customization!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,