Ruger M77 RSEX MK II “Express Rifles”

I have bought, sold, traded, and occasionally posted a WTB for the most part with no particular problems. That said, I have a few thoughts about this Forum, upon which I have commented previously. First, when a member lists an item for sale, comments should be limited to questions directly related to the item and possible purchase where appropriate. For example, comments like "nice rifle" or "my brother has one just like it and loves it" or I wish it were "left handed" are simply out of place. This ain't Facebook or Twitter. Secondly, I agree in principle with comments about new members immediately listing an item for sale. Most similar special interest websites like this one require a certain number of postings before allowing a member to offer an item for sale, etc. If your intent is to just sell things, then open an account with Guns International or Gun Broker, or similar website. Lastly, and I am sure I will get some grief here, but so be it, this website is for the most part dedicated to African hunting and related topics. More and more I see items offered for sale that have no connection to those interests (read ARs). In other words, some restrictions on what is offered for sale might be worth consideration.
Nothing wrong with a little harmless comment or chit chat. Your argument against non Africa related items in the classifieds section would carry more weight if there wasn’t a Hunting and Fishing Worldwide section

Reactions: WAB
And we still don’t know for certain the price for each rifle. Or did I miss something? Also, I see which rifle is the 270 as stamped on the barrel. Not sure which is the 300 and which the 338. The 2 scoped rifles have very nice wood ! Also, I’ve never seen a 2506 in the wild! I have 3 of these and 1 RSM. I’m tempted most by the 300 and possibly the 338 even though I have one.

The 338 is a rare rifle but the 25-06 is the white whale out of the batch for sure. The wood on that 300 is really nice but to me that 338 is incredible for a "production" rifle as these were really. Thats the grade of wood you would expect to get on a $5k and up custom build.

Nothing wrong with a little harmless comment or chit chat. Your argument against non Africa related items in the classifieds section would carry more weight if there wasn’t a Hunting and Fishing Worldwide section
Well, maybe that forum should get dropped along with "Politics."

And we still don’t know for certain the price for each rifle. Or did I miss something? Also, I see which rifle is the 270 as stamped on the barrel. Not sure which is the 300 and which the 338. The 2 scoped rifles have very nice wood ! Also, I’ve never seen a 2506 in the wild! I have 3 of these and 1 RSM. I’m tempted most by the 300 and possibly the 338 even though I have one.
No worries I won’t be selling anything here to people I haven’t already done business with after this experience in my first post. All good. The two scoped rifles…. The top express rifle is .300 Winchester Magnum the bottom is .338 Winchester Magnum.

The top down of this photo is:
Stainless all weather M77 MK II 7mm-08 Rem
Stainless Walnut B Barrel M77 MK II 25-06 Rem
Stainless Laminate M77 MK II 7mm Rem Mag
M77 MK II Express 300 Winchester Magnum
M77 MK II Express 338 Winchester Magnum

C003413F-0A45-488E-AC78-F02355EC9406.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you done business with the OP? How do you know he’s good to go?
I’ve done business with John many times. I’ve sold him 8 rifles in the last 6 months. I live in North Dakota and have had zero issues with doing business with him. He’s quick to pay! Also, I’ve purchased one rifle from John as well as a coyote caller. Bought items were shipped quickly and with zero issues. And to be clear, John purchased 2 of these express rifles from me!!!!!

I’ve done business with John many times. I’ve sold him 8 rifles in the last 6 months. I live in North Dakota and have had zero issues with doing business with him. He’s quick to pay! Also, I’ve purchased one rifle from John as well as a coyote caller. Bought items were shipped quickly and with zero issues. And to be clear, John purchased 2 of these express rifles from me!!!!!
And we see you are brand new also. You need some history on this forum and you don't have it.

And we see you are brand new also. You need some history on this forum and you don't have it.
Great so this forum is for the elite who have been sitting in front of their computers for 15 years telling everyone how great they are over the internet and “new members” are not allowed, we got it…..

@John1989 , you came out hot in response to the forum becoming suspicious. Do you really think that brand new members aren’t automatically classified as “untrusted” by the majority here when a classified post is made? It is irrelevant whether you are a honest seller, to somehow expect people that don’t know you to take that at face value in this environment is ludicrous.

Your first reply in this thread (not the original post) was very confrontational towards the general membership. Expect things to go downhill if that’s your approach. It stinks to see how this went, as it does seem to have been unnecessary. Though, I believe most prudent folks will be cautious/questioning of a new member before giving them $2k+.

Good luck, as I guess this place wasn’t the right fit for you.

@John1989 , you came out hot in response to the forum becoming suspicious. Do you really think that brand new members aren’t automatically classified as “untrusted” by the majority here when a classified post is made? It is irrelevant whether you are a honest seller, to somehow expect people that don’t know you to take that at face value in this environment is ludicrous.

Your first reply in this thread (not the original post) was very confrontational towards the general membership. Expect things to go downhill if that’s your approach. It stinks to see how this went, as it does seem to have been unnecessary. Though, I believe most prudent folks will be cautious/questioning of a new member before giving them $2k+.

Good luck, as I guess this place wasn’t the right fit for you.
Look at the first three reply’s to my original post and tell me I’m the problem.

Seems to me…Krish has purchased firearms off this board in a dollar amount larger than any collection of Rugers you have…and that’s just this week.
So the amount of money someone spends is free license to be an ass hole to others……. Understood sort of like real life.

Who do you trust? The guy that has posted his first items for sale or the guy that spent $15k this week and had great reviews?
Welp the way I see it; common sense being hard to come by and all, if I’m willing to mail a guy a gun then they ought to be willing to send me money. Your sentiment works both ways though. By your logic, I shouldn’t sell anyone anything because there’s no way to know who isn’t going to send me money. I’ve probably bought 50 guns over the internet in my life and sold just as many too I’m sure. So, anyone who’s done that knows there’s lots of ways to do it…. And of course if anyone on here is afraid to buy from a person that they don’t know. Then why even comment on the thread at all? Cause I’m clearly not afraid to sell to someone I don’t know. And I’m the one with the items that cannot be replaced if someone doesn’t hold up their end of the bargain. But I keep seeing an underlying theme. Sounds like I need to start in and buy 10k worth of shit and then I can be taken seriously….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyHoole

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!