Roberson Cartridge Co., LLC (RCC Brass (dot) com) - Filed for Bankruptcy - Ongoing Matter

Rob.450/400

Reaction score
Hunted
Zimbabwe x 2. Canada. Alaska. Continental USA.
I have a backorder with RCC Brass (Roberson Cartridge Co., LLC). In today's mail, I received two separate letters from law firms informing me that RCC Brass / Roberson Cartridge Co., LLC has filed for bankruptcy. The matter is filed in US Bankruptcy Court in the Northern District of Texas (Amarillo Division). The Case No. is 22-20192-rlj7.

One legal document I received today sets a hearing to Convert the Chapter 7 Case to Chapter 11, Sub-Chapter V case, or alternatively to Dismiss Bankruptcy Case. This motion is filed by a secured creditor and party-in-interest, Matador Brass Partners, LLC.

One of the documents informed me that "No property appears to be available to pay creditors. Therefore, please do not file a proof of claim now."

It seems the website is still functioning. UPDATED: The website now states: "We have had to discontinue new orders until further notice."

I am simply relaying some of the information that came to my attention today.

Last edited:
I did not realize my good fortune last month when I received an order from RCC placed in September, 2021. Fantastic product quality. I am sorry to hear they are struggling. I also have an order pending with Quality Cartridge. Perhaps they can help you out.

Quality Cartridge is not really quality. Soft brass and sloppy tolerances. I have used them for proper headstamp only. I ordered some brass from RCC. Was told it would be 4 to6 weeks. 14 weeks later they notified me to tell me they were going to start my order. I cancelled my order. Don't see how you can be broke when you have orders 4 months out.

I did not realize my good fortune last month when I received an order from RCC placed in September, 2021. Fantastic product quality. I am sorry to hear they are struggling. I also have an order pending with Quality Cartridge. Perhaps they can help you out.

Got the Capt. 11 filing and RCC owes $67,430.85 in interest on a loan of $4,044,000.00.
So kiss my $600 goodbye. Wish we could get our brass or have them charged with theft.

Quality Cartridge is not really quality. Soft brass and sloppy tolerances. I have used them for proper headstamp only. I ordered some brass from RCC. Was told it would be 4 to6 weeks. 14 weeks later they notified me to tell me they were going to start my order. I cancelled my order. Don't see how you can be broke when you have orders 4 months out.
Where would you recommend buying brass for the 450 BPE 3 1/4" cartridge?

I have a backorder with RCC Brass (Roberson Cartridge Co., LLC). In today's mail, I received two separate letters from law firms informing me that RCC Brass / Roberson Cartridge Co., LLC has filed for bankruptcy. The matter is filed in US Bankruptcy Court in the Northern District of Texas (Amarillo Division). The Case No. is 22-20192-rlj7.

One legal document I received today sets a hearing to Convert the Chapter 7 Case to Chapter 11, Sub-Chapter V case, or alternatively to Dismiss Bankruptcy Case. This motion is filed by a secured creditor and party-in-interest, Matador Brass Partners, LLC.

One of the documents informed me that "No property appears to be available to pay creditors. Therefore, please do not file a proof of claim now."

It seems the website is still functioning. UPDATED: The website now states: "We have had to discontinue new orders until further notice."

I am simply relaying some of the information that came to my attention today.
reading the bankruptcy filing, this matador brass was just a lender. a secured lender it says. so, they are just like a bank. given how rcc has been run by this Roberson, its no wonder its in bankruptcy. i've talked to several friends in our world and this guy is a terrible businessman and just an ass. he had a two year backlog and couldn't deliver anything on time. its not the lenders fault, this falls solely on Roberson. my guess is the lenders will pick up the slack,

Apparently I ordered $300 of brass which I had forgotten about until I received the letters in the mail today. Well there goes that‍

Apparently I ordered $300 of brass which I had forgotten about until I received the letters in the mail today. Well there goes that‍
Just got a letter saying they found assests and to go ahead with filing a claim if you want to be repaid.

Attachments

• RCC.claims.pdf
    408.2 KB · Views: 117
Where would you recommend buying brass for the 450 BPE 3 1/4" cartridge?
Have you located any brass? I have some extra once fired Hornady 450 Nitro Express 3 1/4" brass - I am assuming that it is the same

I started to look for 577-450 brass and when options came up they were right there. Thankfully, I found another source.

I started to look for 577-450 brass and when options came up they were right there. Thankfully, I found another source.
Did you buy from Rocky Mountain Cartridge? I had very good luck when I emailed them. Very nice folks and professional.

Did you buy from Rocky Mountain Cartridge? I had very good luck when I emailed them. Very nice folks and professional.
I happened to find another source with a web search. They happened to be about a hundred miles from me. I will keep Rocky Mountain Cartridge in mind next time. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.