Rigby 450 PH

Second question is this a normal amount of wear for doing the “swing” six times? I had to use a dowel turn it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2790.jpeg
    IMG_2790.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2789.jpeg
    IMG_2789.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
Nice rifle! Could not find the irons zero ranges!
I am regulating my irons to 75,150,200 yards as the 150 comes in just as the 75 zero leaves its PBR and the 200 comes in just as the 150 zero leaves its PBR, giving nice overlap
 
Better picture of the rings seem to small how do they not damage the finish
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2788.jpeg
    IMG_2788.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
Well I’m happy to report I joined the rigby familey today, I picked up a big game PH model in 450 rigby. I can tell you this rifle exceeded my expectations in person and man the stock feels just right much better than my M70. Much like red leg I think the wood is better looking than its grade 2 would lead you to believe and is icing on the cake.

Now if only Norma would make a run of brass and some ammo!

Let’s hear everybody’s pet loads to give me some starting places.

View attachment 781817
View attachment 781818
View attachment 781819
Did you buy scope rings from NECG? Or where?
 
finally got out to the range started with some factory Norma 550gr ammo I was able to find. Rifle shot great. Several have mentioned that they find their big game 450s to recoil less than similar class of rifles and I agree. I own several big bores and I thought it kicked less than some compatibles. Its definitely still a big bore but I think it translates into that push vs punch category. My 470 double is half a lb heavier and I think the 450 kicks less. hard to say if its the stock the fit, barrel length or what but it was more comfortable. Also the sights are excellent basically put 2 through the same hole.
 
This is exactly what I've described to others about the 450 Rigby.

In a properly designed and built rifle, the recoil is nowhere near what the numbers might lead you to believe. Great on game power with stiff, but not overwhelming recoil. Very manageable by almost any experienced shooter.
 
As for the rings, I usually use a pair of short, thin Allen wrenches that I insert into screw holes on opposing sides of the ring and lever the ring just open enough to slide over the scope. I’m not sure how clear my explanation is. If it is not understandable, I can try to draw a picture, but being realistic about my artistic abilities, it might just make the situation worse.
 
I don't think I will be using a scope on this rifle the cheek weld is really set for those great open sights.
Absolutely - great shooting rifle with iron sights. They also have a large front sight which makes for easy shooting . No scope required .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,570,156
Members
168,854
Latest member
AstridG186
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top