Retirement planning......

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
15,386
Reaction score
58,048
Media
141
Articles
35
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
If you had purchased R1,000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth R49.00.
With Enron, you would have had R16.50 left of the original R1,000.00
With WorldCom, you would have had less than R5.00 left.
If you had purchased R1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock, you would have R49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased R1,000.00 worth of wine one year ago, drunk all the wine,
then turned in the bottles for the recycling REFUND,
you would have had R214.00!

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

Forward this phenomenal information to people you care about ...

Regards from your financial adviser
:banghead:
 
well I am putting as much effort into this plan as my liver will tolerate

If I could just recycle the scotch bottles I would up my silver purchases

that should just about fix me up
 
If you had purchased R1,000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth R49.00.
With Enron, you would have had R16.50 left of the original R1,000.00
With WorldCom, you would have had less than R5.00 left.
If you had purchased R1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock, you would have R49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased R1,000.00 worth of wine one year ago, drunk all the wine,
then turned in the bottles for the recycling REFUND,
you would have had R214.00!

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

Forward this phenomenal information to people you care about ...

Regards from your financial adviser
:banghead:

No argueing with that logic.
 
It's good to know that even after all these years since university, my initial retirement plan is proven valid and still working.
 
It's good to know that even after all these years since university, my initial retirement plan is proven valid and still working.

I started mine in high school
 
If you had purchased R1,000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth R49.00.
With Enron, you would have had R16.50 left of the original R1,000.00
With WorldCom, you would have had less than R5.00 left.
If you had purchased R1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock, you would have R49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased R1,000.00 worth of wine one year ago, drunk all the wine,
then turned in the bottles for the recycling REFUND,
you would have had R214.00!

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

Forward this phenomenal information to people you care about ...

Regards from your financial adviser
:banghead:

Way ahead of ya,,, been recycling for years now. Sounds like a solid (if not fun) plan
 
Klippies and Coke here we come!
 
I have, without ANY knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, dicovered that I can re-cycle Captain Morgan's dark rum into pee..!!
 
I have, without ANY knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, dicovered that I can re-cycle Captain Morgan's dark rum into pee..!!

:laughing:
 
I have, without ANY knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, dicovered that I can re-cycle Captain Morgan's dark rum into pee..!!

Everyone is going green we may as well join them.

I'll have to give it a try with some Appleton's tonight.... while I recycle some 300 brass!
 
Good plan but I'm going to do it with beer. Aluminum at .85 a pound is worth more than glass, a case a night may pay for my next Safari. :)
 
In Queenstown, NZ, someone even built his retirement home out of the empty bottles. Now, THAT is a retirement plan (it also makes an unequivocal statement about the homeowner...)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,071
Members
169,488
Latest member
SharynPico
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top