REPORT: Has Anyone Used Splitting Image Taxidermy?

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
I used Splitting Image for my Eastern Cape trophies that I took with African Cape Safaris. Nice shop and Aschlee was very efficient. My only complaints are that they were more expensive than Highveld for more basic mounts. Also, I never received any pictures of my mounts until they were crated. The crate was given to Badger Cargo. Please, understand that Badger did an efficient job of handling my crate. However, I contacted Oxi-Logistics with weight and dimensions of my crate and asked what they would have charged from Port Elizabeth. They would have been about $600 cheaper. Oxi also takes credit cards. Badger could not. I absolutely hate wire transfers.
Having said all of that, my mounts are beautiful. @johnnyblues: I'm sorry that you had a negative experience.
Live and learn my friend.

Rell

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I used them twice. The first batch was atrocious and they gave me a refund and begged me to try again. The second batch was a marginal improvement but still pretty bad.

I’ve hunted in Africa 20 times since 2011. Used Karoo Taxidermy and Life Form as well as had stuff shipped to Jim Kelly in New Jersey. A few pieces ended up slightly damaged in shipping but nothing major and the taxidermist always made it right.

This is the only taxidermist I will not use and if an outfitter uses them and recommends them to me I will actually cancel a hunt or not book on this recommendation alone.

philheise

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Namibia (Omaruru, Mariental), South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape)
Since my original reply to this post several years ago, I have used Splitting Image twice more. In every case, the work done has been excellent, trophies arrived without issue, and I have received incredible customer service. I won't say that others have not had the experiences they report but I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Rell

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Have you used anyone else?

I’m glad you are happy with your trophies. That’s what matters most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tieane

Latest profile posts

trstallone wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
I've Hunted So.Africa, love to try Romania
Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?