Replacing binoculars

I bought a Credo a couple mouths ago to put on a rifle i'm using for a DMR class. They are nice, but they are not at the top of the scopes at their price range. Nightforce NX8, Leupold Mark 6, Athlon Cronus, even my Riton T Taactix is a better scope in my opinion. I have all of them, so I have compared them side by side.
I checked out a Nightforce ATACR 1-8x24 at the range that a friend had. I pulled the trigger and bought one during Black Friday sale last week.

Pretty good reason to be a Swaro guy, Tuckered. Happy that they were not lost. Most of us will never get such a connection with one of the top manufacturers, but onw of my friends (a member here) had a similar experience with him and described him similarly as a fine man..........'grats....FWB

Reactions: WAB
I checked out a Nightforce ATACR 1-8x24 at the range that a friend had. I pulled the trigger and bought one during Black Friday sale last week.

You can't go wrong with it, tough as nails and worth the few 100 extra in the long run.

Hi,

Interesting post full of real world experiencies...Here is mine.
I met, unexpectedly my first really good binocular in 1981. I saw it in a shopwindow of a second hand optic store in Buenos Aires. Was a binocular, Porro, with its leather case. The binocular body showed some parts lacking of the leather type cover. I enter the shop asking to take a look at them. The price was really RIDICULOUS. Seems to be a right price for the leather case alone...! With the binos at hands and looking throught it, seems it was unused: tight, and with the optics pristine! The leather type cover was dry and thas was the reason some parts were missing. Of course I bought it! My first sample, of many, Swarovski Habicht 10x40!!
Years before I was dreaming of owning a Leica Trinovid or a Zeiss Dialyt. Beautiful instruments, a joy to LOOK AT but, something was not right, or up to the outside design, when LOOKING THROUGHT them...In comparition with the view throught a simple NIKON Porros or older Porro Zeiss, that roof ones were somewhat dim and not too sharp. That was the reason I never end buying a Trinovid or Diatal of that era...
What a discover with the Swarovski Habicht!!!!! In spite of their somewhat yellow tint view, their sharpness and mechanical quality were outstanding!!!! No roof binocular, save a friend´s Zeiss Dialyt 8x56...had NOTHING to do again the Habitcht!! It ended my search for THE binocular to have. Period.
Was my only one for 20 years of really rough use, for my work as a Range Manager in Patagonia Ranches and hunting in the Andes. At the last years the body was partially cover with that leather type cover but its function, mechanics and optics, were as in the begining: tight, collimated and everything right!
One day they went out with other things in a small back pack stollen from my truck...
After that two years later I bought another good binocular, a Leica BA 10x42, that I sold to buy a Zeiss Victory FL 10x42. I really liked this FL sample but I foolishly sold it to buy a newer Zeiss HT 10x42, perhaps the most ergonomic binocular design I have had. But it has an unacceptable veiling glare looking with the sun at an angle near the objectives. I HATE that veiling glare in ANY optic instrument!!! The former FL was much better in this. Well, in the end, I sold the HT to buy a new, 2019 made...Swarovski Habicht W GA!!!!! As to find an old friend!! MAIN binocular, again, and the best for my uses. The sharpest, to me, and the ones with the highest light transmition of all 10x40/42 binocular. Plus, the rubber cover is in its own class. Military grade, seems to be very different to the rubber used in all other binoculars I know.
My other favorite is a Meopta Meostar B1 8x32. An outstanding all around binocular, nothing to envy to any other top 8x32 one, in my experience.
Both binocular models are, in my oppinion, real BARGAINS!!
Sorry for the lenghty post!

CF

Today I ordered a pair of the new Swaro 15 X 56 with tripod adaptor and another pair of (used but clean) rubber armored Zeiss 10 X 40 B glasses. I think that I need both.

With my luck my old Zeiss glasses will turn up in some unexpected place that I have not looked.
During a fishing trip in Montana a week ago, what did I find in the bottom of my wader pack? Right - my long lost Zeiss 10 X 40 binos! So now I have two pair, since I replaced the others when I could not find them. They will, as usual, be used almost daily.

go on ebay or the like an find an identical pair of your old school zeiss. really the older offerings from zeiss were amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross