Reloading data for 375 Ruger

Wolverine67

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
561
Reaction score
89
Media
29
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Europe
1
Member of
SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
So, finally I made up my mind and purchased a beautiful customized Ruger Hawkeye African in 375 Ruger. Now I have to get some reloading data, especially with some European powders like Vithavuori and Norma. I found quite some data with American powders, but they are difficult to find in the stores at this times. So, if someone can help me out, I would be very happy.:D
 
So, finally I made up my mind and purchased a beautiful customized Ruger Hawkeye African in 375 Ruger. Now I have to get some reloading data, especially with some European powders like Vithavuori and Norma. I found quite some data with American powders, but they are difficult to find in the stores at this times. So, if someone can help me out, I would be very happy.:D

Congrats Trond on a fine choice of rifles the Ruger Hawkeye in a 300 WM has taken most of my animals in africa. fine shooting rifle. If you find that the trigger is a little tight don't waste your money on a new trigger take it to a gunsmith and have the trigger spring replaced couple of bucks is all it takes. I just got my Rem 700 in a 375 H&H in Friday got the Warne QD rings on it still looking at scopes. Let me know what you set yours up with. :D
 
I can tell you what I have tried, remembering, you are on your own when it comes to reloading. Every rifle is a law unto it's self.
Drop back a few grains & work up..
The powder of choice is RL17 & is quite probably the very best for this cartridge...WLRM or Federal 215M Primers..
Winchester Model 70 Safari Express.. 24" Barrel. 1in 12"..
260gr Nosler Accubond/ 84gr/ 2900fps..
270gr TSX/84gr/ 2940fps..
300gr TSX/82gr/ 2700fps..
300gr North Fork SS/81gr/ 2700fps.

These figures are rounded off as there is temperature variations on shooting days. An extra 20 or 30 fps is meaningless in the real world.I don't work up accuracy loads in any of my 375s.
If I hit the 7" paper bbq plate offhand at 100 yds I am happy enough. Practice offhand & snap shooting works for me.
I am not a benchrest shooter or a marksman. I am a hunter with good rifles & very good scopes.. And I use good bullets. Mostly North Fork, A-Frames & Woodleighs.
 
Thanks for the numbers Beau416. My problem are that American powders except some of the Hodgon powders are extreme difficult to get my hands on...
Bob, I am very happy with the Ruger. 375Ruger001.jpg
375Ruger004.jpg
375Ruger003.jpg
 
Congrats Trond, that is a beauty!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,961
Members
169,878
Latest member
nsetedticu1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top