Reloading. 303

Morne 303

New member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am new to reloading. I will appreciate if somebody can help me with gun powder recommendations and grain of load on 150gr and 174gr bullets. The recommended powder listing comming with the dies is not all familiar in South Africa. Equivalent powder will also help. Regards
 
So far I did not get any replies on reload info for my .303. Anybody to assist wil be much appreciated. Regards
 
For 150 Gr IMR 4895 with a charge of 41 Gr will yield 2409 fps
or some H380 at 42 Gr about 2300
can't find any 174 but 180 with IMR 4895 at 39gr will get you 2200fps and H380 with 41Gr will get you 2127fps,, I went back to a 45 edition Lyman Reloading handbook for this Information hope it helps
 
For 150 Gr IMR 4895 with a charge of 41 Gr will yield 2409 fps
or some H380 at 42 Gr about 2300
can't find any 174 but 180 with IMR 4895 at 39gr will get you 2200fps and H380 with 41Gr will get you 2127fps,, I went back to a 45 edition Lyman Reloading handbook for this Information hope it helps

Thanks Rob, much appreciated..!!!
 
Your welcome, I'll check a later book and see about your 174 load
 
Morne303... please list the name¨s of powder you can take here in your home! Are here IMR 3031? it´s a good option!...
43 grs of 3031 makes a good shot!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,424
Messages
1,575,856
Members
170,404
Latest member
DerrickRed
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top