Reloader 15

@gsdog1 would take Hodgdon line over Reloder line any day of the week. Reloder is an accurate powder just not the most temperature stable. Most of what I shoot takes Varget, H4350, H4895, and a little H335.

When it works across multiple platforms it is hard to stock up when you can.

@gsdog1 would take Hodgdon line over Reloder line any day of the week. Reloder is an accurate powder just not the most temperature stable. Most of what I shoot takes Varget, H4350, H4895, and a little H335.

I'll have to look at temp stability when working up loads, however going on first safari in the month of September, will that be a big issue seeing as it's coming out ot the southern hemisphere winter in Moz and going into the Spring?

Matt

I'm more of a competition shooter, so when it comes to reloading I play a different game than most on here.

That said, loaded my sons 300WM with RL22 for our trip. It worked well enough to take a Blesbok at 330 yards. Most places you will not shoot that far and if you and your rifle are 1MOA you will be fine.

If you think RL 15 is hard to find, Varget will be harder. Any serious competition shooter is on a dozen waiting list for Varget.
Midway had Varget in stock for several weeks recently. Just checked a few minutes ago and no longer in stock. Overall powder availability seems to be slowly getting better. Primers are still an issue though.

Maybe try Norma 203B - a better version of Alliant R-15.

Not sure if it is better or not but I know which is easier to find right now

that's why I went to the new Reloader 15.5 which is supposed to be much more temperature controlled.

I'll have to look at temp stability when working up loads, however going on first safari in the month of September, will that be a big issue seeing as it's coming out ot the southern hemisphere winter in Moz and going into the Spring?

Matt
Matt,
September is not normally all that hot, I would expect highs in the 80's, maybe less. I've hunted Zim twice in Sept and once in November. I love September over there cool at night and in the morning, not bad during the day. November.... never again, my lord it was hot with a few days hovering around 110.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.