Reduced load stability

Ray B

AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
5,451
Reaction score
9,478
Location
WA St, USA
Media
81
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
A barrel with 1-7" twist is needed to stabilize the long for caliber high BC bullets, and a 1-10" twist will stabilize more conventionally shaped bullets. But if I want to shoot the conventional bullets in a fast twist barrel, if I reduce the velocity to get the same rotations per second, will the bullet be stable and not come apart due to excess spin forces?
 
A barrel with 1-7" twist is needed to stabilize the long for caliber high BC bullets, and a 1-10" twist will stabilize more conventionally shaped bullets. But if I want to shoot the conventional bullets in a fast twist barrel, if I reduce the velocity to get the same rotations per second, will the bullet be stable and not come apart due to excess spin forces?
@Ray B
The rotations will remain the same for a given twist unfortunately
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,130
Members
169,118
Latest member
NolanStran
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top