recommend a trigger for a sporterized P14 action

matt85

AH legend
Joined
Jan 7, 2014
Messages
3,660
Reaction score
4,900
Location
WA, USA
Media
30
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
as the title says, i am having a rifle built off a Enfield P14 action and need a better trigger for it. can any of you guys recommend a new trigger?

i tried calling Timney but unfortunately they do not make one for the P14 action.

thank you
-matt
 
You might want to check with them again. Their website lists an Enfield trigger. westernfirearms.com.au list a timney trigger for the Enfield M17 & P14
 
if you read the fine print on that enfield trigger it says it only works on US made enfields. i called timney and confirmed this would not work on the P14 action.

-matt
 
if you read the fine print on that enfield trigger it says it only works on US made enfields. i called timney and confirmed this would not work on the P14 action.

-matt

They were all made on the Eastern seaboard of the USA. Try either Sinclair or Brownells ( who own them).

I checked de Haas' Bolt Action Rifles (2nd Ed.) and Dunlap's Gunsmithing. The former mentions trigger modification and the latter lumps in his description of trigger work with comments about Mausers and Springfield 1903s.

Interestingly, de Haas does not list the trigger as being different between the two rifles.
 
Last edited:
Mr. Hubel tells me he can modify the Timney trigger to work with the P-14 action. he said it takes some grinding but they will fit and function properly.

the fact that they are not drop in, is likely why Timney says they will not work.

-matt
 
I used the Timney for the p17, remington 30 in my p14 and it works just fine. If you don't remove the hump in the floor plate, they make a trigger for that too.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,346
Messages
1,573,624
Members
169,773
Latest member
Deserttrophy
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top