Recipe query Nosler 260 Gr Solid in 375 HELP

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
26,144
Reaction score
28,932
Location
Canada
Media
419
Articles
27
Hunting reports
Africa
9
USA/Canada
2
Europe
1
I looked on the web and found some Nosler suggestions for reloading. However, they are not clear enough for me to use without some further support.

Now, by clear I mean the recipes are presented for Partitions and the Solids as exactly the same. This seems odd to me.

They did not use the H4895 for the 260 gr. Solid load but did for the 300 gr. Solid load. Reasons??

Anyone used these lighter weight Solids? To what effect? Performance?

Other suggestions on recipes?

The goal is for smaller stuff to save some hides from exit wounds, not for dangerous game.

Thanks for your help.

1409865841154.jpeg



1409865851557.jpeg
 
I think they state that you should start a few grains below max and work up from there. That way you should be safe for that bullet weight. I do not know if the web site shows all the powders that the handbook does. It may be that those are the best performing powders for that bullet weight. Every rifle is different so you have to try a few different loads. That way they sell more stuff.
 
I understand the sell more stuff angle.

Anyone have the H4895 recipe for the 260 gr Solid then?
 
My Hornady book has the starting load for the 270 grain bullet at 58.6 grains of H4895 and the max at 68.1. So I would assume you could start at 65 grains and slowly work up. By the way the max gave 2600fps. You should get a little more with the 260 grain bullet. There were other powders that gave 2700fps.
 
Thanks. I'll give it whirl and see what I get.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,254
Messages
1,570,747
Members
169,143
Latest member
CarolinaChase
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top